Green Line on right side of video (x264) (2 Viewers)

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e 2.6GHz
HDD: Seagate LD25.2 Series ST980210AS 80GB
Memory: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
Video Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4670
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.6
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec NSK 2480
Cooling: Stock AMD Cooler
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts 380W
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Sony KDL-46W4100
TV - HTPC Connection:HDMI 1.3

For some reason on some of my x264 encoded videos I am getting a green line along the right side of the entire video. I am using the latest experimental build of saf5 (SAF 5.00 SVN100625) and MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4. I tried using both the ffdshow dxva video decoder and the cyberlink pdvd10 decoder and both provided the same result. Again, it's not on every video that I try to play.

Not sure what the problem is, but after reverting to SAF4 final I'm still having the same issue with the same files. I'm not sure if it has to do with the video aspect ratio or something, but I can't seem to figure it out. The same files play fine on this computer in MPC-HC with ffdshow so it makes it even more confusing for me it figure out.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and am using the 10.6 Catalyst drivers from ATi.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Please let me know what additional information I should provide if it is needed. I appreciate any help that I can get and thank you for your time!

mamyfrag

June 27, 2010
Home Country
France France
Re : Green Line on right side of video (x264)

The same with windows XP pro 32 bits

It's good for me now, my soluce

Mediaportal configuration (normal mode) --> Codecs and renderer --> video renderer --> (activate) Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR)

OK and enjoy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: Re : Green Line on right side of video (x264)

The same with windows XP pro 32 bits

It's good for me now, my soluce

Mediaportal configuration (normal mode) --> Codecs and renderer --> video renderer --> (activate) Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR)

OK and enjoy

For XP EVR is not supported / recommended since

1) no HW acceleration is possible
    2) tearing will happen since no exclusive DirectX mode is used

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been using EVR ever since using Vista / Windows 7 so unfortunately that isn't the problem for me :/ I'm thinking it must have something to do with my codec setup because I get the green line even when I play the files on my HTPC in MPC-HC that is included with SAF.

Could it have something to do with the size / aspect ratio of the files? One of the movies is 1902 x 800 with a display aspect ratio of 2.35:1.

I'll take any suggestions anyone has because I'd love to fix this issue if possible.

Thanks!

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    I just tried reverting to an older version of the ATi Catalyst drivers (10.2s) and also reverted back to SAF4 and I still am suffering from the same issue. I have included two images as attachments for anyone who wants to see the green line issue that I am talking about. It is not very big so you can only really see if if you have the image at 100% zoom. Again, the green line appears all the way to the right side of the video / image.

I had a friend of mine who has the same TV and setup as I do (windows 7 x64, catalyst 10.2s, SAF4 final) test the same files and he does not suffer from this issue. I'm really starting to think the only option I have is to start all over again from scratch and see if that somehow fixes it.

Attachments

• 11-52-21.png
      11-52-21.png
      572.9 KB
    • 11-52-31.png
      11-52-31.png
      282.6 KB

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Well I just went for it and formatted my HTPC figuring that it would solve the problem, but unfortunately it still exists. I only installed the vital components for video playback (Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Catalyst 10.1s, MP 1.1.0 RC5, SAF4 Final) and for some reason the green line still shows up on those specific video files. I can't understand why this would be happening unless it was a hardware issue of some sort. As I stated before, my friend has the same exact setup as I do, both hardware and software with the exception of a slower processor, and he does not suffer from this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to try and hook my HTPC up to a monitor and see if it still exists to see if maybe my HDMI cable is bad or something. It's really come down to testing little things like that because I have no idea why this is happening.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried changing what ffdshow can output as, ie YUV12, make a note of what is enabled, and then try changing, them one by one, revert if nothing changes.

You could also try setting a custom out resolution in ffdshow, ie 720p becomes 1278x720.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Thank you for the suggestion, I will have to try messing around with those settings in ffdshow to see if I can fix my problem. I'll try a bunch of stuff now and get back to you with the results.

Edit: I tried changing all the options in the output section of ffdshow but it didn't make any difference for me unfortunately :/ I just switched back to SAF5 to see if that would make a difference, but it seems it didn't. However, I ran GraphStudio and checked out the properties for the Video Decoder (ffdshow DXVA in this case because of SAF5) and i noticed something in the "Out" tab in the properties. It looks like it is saying the source resolution is 1902x800, which it is, but then in the bottom section titled "BITMAPINFOHEADER" it looks like the "biWidth" is 1904 and the "biHeight" is 800. I'm wondering if this is somehow related because the green line on the right side of the video is 2 pixels wide, and it seems to me that the file is being output at a width that is 2 more pixels than the source. I switched to the MPC Video Decoder and checked out it's properties in GraphStudio only to be faced with the same exact results, a biWidth of 1904.

I have included a screen shot of this for everyone to look at. I really have no idea what I'm talking about so it's all just guessing, but it seems that this either has something to do with my problem, or it's just a coincidence.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      383.9 KB

alwaysdub

Portal Member
    February 2, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had an issue with a similar green line when some mp4 x264 files were played in MP, but not in other players.

I've no idea what was 'wrong' with them or if it will help you, but remuxing them to mkv got my files working fine in MP without the line.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion, but these files are already .mkv files :/ I thought about remuxing them to something else, but considering that I'm the only one that has this problem of all the people i had try the files, I'm determined to try and figure out what the issue is.

In regard to my last post in this thread, I had my one friend test the file in MP with SAF5. He ran Graph Studio and went to the properties for the ffdshow video decoder like I did in my example screenshot, however, instead of having the biWidth of 1904 for the horziontal output resolution, he has it as 1902 which is what it should be. I do not understand what is forcing the video file to output with two extra columns of pixels, but it clearly isn't correct.

As I originally thought it might be, I'm wondering if it has to do with some sort of aspect ratio correction or something of the sort. I really am not sure where to begin looking for and changing options for this, but I figure there must be something in ffdshow video decoder settings that will get this to work.

Okay I've seemed to narrow this down to a SAF issue. I completely unistalled SAF and installed ffdshow DXVA with haali media splitter. Upon playing the file in MediaPortal I saw absolutely no green line what-so-ever.

Just to test it out, I installed SAF5 over top of ffdshow and haali and the green line reappeared.

More testing has to be done, but it seems as if I am getting closer to figuring this issue out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom