green media button not launching mediaportal (1 Viewer)

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 rc1
MediaPortal Skin: blue wide
Windows Version: windows 7 home
CPU Type: amd
HDD: esat
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard:nvidia 8200
Video Card: nvidia 8200
Video Card Driver: nvidia 8200
Sound Card: nvidia 8200
Sound Card AC3: nvidia 8200
Sound Card Driver: nvidi 8200
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nvidia purevide0
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:logitech dinovo mini
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have a logitech dinovo mini and have run the autohotkey script (AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText) and all of the media key work. My problem is that the green media center button does not work. I have gone to the config under third party checks and disabled the windows media center services and checked the box for mptray to start automatically. Mp tray is running but whenever I press the green media button I get a message saying that windows cant open media center due to a group policy setting. It looks like windows is doing what it's supposed to do but what do I need to do to get mediaportal started using the green button?

I've searched the forums but haven't found any other similar posts.

Thanks for your help.

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
Not stupid at all...I had not rebooted. But I just tried it and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the idea though.

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
Having never used MPtray, I'm not quite sure how it works, but I can start MP by clicking on the icon on the desktop (mediaportal.exe). The issue is that the green button on the keyboard still tries to start windows media player and because the policy disabled running that app I get the error.

Is there some mapping that goes on somewhere that once media player is disabled that media portal is now the application that gets started? I had assumed that was through MPtray somehow but I can't find any other info.

Thanks for your response

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom