Group series of movies together (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Issue #229

Movie groups is already available at IMDB Movie Connection but I believe that Moving Pictures doesn't currently grab this information. Sequels could be listed at the details screen. Press the button to jump directly to that movie if it's available in your collection.

Or we could use the arrow buttons to navigate from the details screen. Up/Down would jump to the previous/next movie (alphabetically) in your list and Left/Right to the previous/next movie (chronologically) in its series.

I'm not sure about how to group movies together in the movie list but that's what we're here to discuss :)

What do you think?

Attachments

• Moving Pictures Movie Connection mockup.jpg
      Moving Pictures Movie Connection mockup.jpg
      296.7 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sounds like a good idea. I think at one point I was aware of that info being available on IMDB but I guess I kind of forgot. We will try to at some point in the future add that in and do something clever with it in the GUI. I think we will need to focus on a few other issues first though.

jonolo

Portal Member
    November 17, 2007
    Ok, cool, that would be the best way of handeling it if IMDB already provide this info...

If I get some time over I will try to setup a development setup and see if I can test some ideas...

I think I seen a tutorial of how to setup an development for MP plugins...

Cheers

Jonas

jonolo

Portal Member
    November 17, 2007
    Thanks fforde,

I will try to have a look at it and also try to setup and compile the plugin...

Moving Pictures is the best plugin made since TV-Series and if I in any way can help it to improve that is the least I can do...

Cheers

jonolo

Portal Member
    November 17, 2007
    Hi again,

I have now checked out the MP RC4 codebase and Moving Pictures code, setup Visual Studio 2008 but when I build I get :

"No overload for method 'Load' takes '5' arguments Moving Pictures\Cornerstone.MP\AsyncImageResource.cs 199 17 Cornerstone.MP"

which seems to be from GUITextureManager class in MediaPortal.Core. guilib . I have tried to update SVN so I got the latest updates from SVN, any thoughts?

I couldn't find anything in the forum search about this...

Oh, I just found fforde's patch so I applied that and I can now build!!! https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ure-request-here-48/guiimage-bug-patch-49610/ or just use a later SVN revision than RC4 which according to above post includes this patch...

Cheers

Jonas

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah sorry jonolo. That code will run against older versions of MP but it must be compiled against the latest SVN. If you have any other questions jump in the developers IRC channel. Most of the time either Armand or I will be in there (and often both).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom