[solved] Grouping films (1 Viewer)

Stuart475898

Portal Member
February 7, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Had a play around and I don't think this is possible at the moment - being able to group films together so that they appear as just one item, which expands into all films in the group. For example, rather than having all of the Harry Potter films appear individually, they would be grouped so that you only see Harry Potter in the film list, but when you select it it moves to a new screen displaying only the Harry Potter films in the group. This would be especially useful for grouping films that have different names and as a result aren't displayed next to each other, rather they are spread out through the films list.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please expand the menu on left side, choose "filter" -> "by collection".

This should be what you're looking for.

Stuart475898

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just what I was looking for.

Is it, or will it be possible to modify the collections? For example, I have a number of Star Trek films but they are separated into different collections (original series/alternative universe are two examples), and I would like to merge those collections, or simply define my own.

Thank you for your help and great work.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, this is not yet possible. The information is taken from TMDB. In future we will have support for local NFO files (which would be preferred over online content) and also an editor to manually change the attributes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom