GUI - "Busy icon"/"progress bar" (1 Viewer)

TrECH

March 14, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi,

At present time I'm running the release version "V0.2.3.0", and I must say that MP is working VERY GOOD, despite all the posts I've read about MP, and some user's requests for specific add-ons or functionalities. In my opinion MP works fine, with all the functionality needed for a typical Media Center Application. Of course, there's always room for improvements, but I'm happy that the MP Team has focused on the bigger picture (instead of making add-ons or functionalities for a small group of people......!!)!

However there's one major problem with the MP:
There's no graphical feedback when the MP loads new pages (like pressing "My Movies" or "My Music"). So basically when I load all my movies from my file server it takes about 4 seconds before the new page actually shows. The time is not a problem, however it's a major problem that the application does not respond to the user! We need some kind of message which presents the fact that the application is working (basically anything; "BUSY" icon, progress bar, on-screen message.......)!

One great example is the "Weather plugin. When you enter the weather page, you are presented with the nice animated bury icon!

In addition to this problem theres also another problem: When you press a button while the application is working, these commands are buffered instead of discarded. This is also a major problem since you'll soon end up in a very confusing "loop" (Enter the Movies page {buttons are then pressed while app. working}, after the Movies page is finished loading, it suddenly goes back to the Main Page!

I've read another post regarding this problem (mid. 2007), but I cannot see that any "admins" have posted a response, or anyone who have the ability to fix this problem!

In my opinion this is a major bug, since the GUI would be the main focus until the bugs are corrected! Until that point has been reached, all the "nice to have" add-ons should be paused.

Hope for a response, and again thanks for this great application!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There should be lots of threads with "official" comments. Many of them may be related to an "external render thread". In short: an indicator like this did break many parts due to some limitations of the old render engine. Therefore it has been disabled.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    In my opinion this is a major bug, since the GUI would be the main focus until the bugs are corrected! Until that point has been reached, all the "nice to have" add-ons should be paused.

A major bug indeed, but unfortunately it's not possible to fix this properly for MP1. MPII's renreding engine will solve this issue.

TrECH

March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for the quick response....

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the quick response, and the upfront answer!!
    No problem understanding the problems with the old program structure of the MP and the new and improved MP2!! It's better to use the resources for the MP2, than fooling around with MP!!!

Again, thanks for an excellent application and your replies to this thread!!!

Best regards - Norway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom