[no Bug] Gui low FPS with no focus and no running video (1 Viewer)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
It's pretty easy explained: When MediaPortal has no window focus, it has about 9fps. When a Video or TV is running, its fine again, even without focus.

logs are attached but maybe useless.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It is done on purpose, works as designed. This is to give more CPU / GPU time for other applications that might have been launched from MP. I know it is not the best way, the correct way would be to have plugins to be able to disable the rendering completely.

.dcp

Portal Member
    May 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Gui low FPS with no focus and no running video

ive noticed exactly the same behavior. i tried upping the priority of mp to no effect. any ideas on how to workaround this?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Gui low FPS with no focus and no running video

ive noticed exactly the same behavior. i tried upping the priority of mp to no effect. any ideas on how to workaround this?

No. As tourettes says, this is done by design.

Mark

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    "always on top" is a workaround, if you have a dedicated htpc, as it gets the focus always.

I hope MP2 will take a little more care for systems which are not only running Media Portal, since this one here isn't the only problem for a "second display htpc" (speaking from dynamic refresh rates and remote controls).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    "always on top" is a workaround, if you have a dedicated htpc, as it gets the focus always.

Better workaround would be to build own MP version. It s just few lines of code that needs to be commented out to remove that restriction. I can find those if someone is interested in building a own version.

I hope MP2 will take a little more care for systems which are not only running Media Portal, since this one here isn't the only problem for a "second display htpc" (speaking from dynamic refresh rates and remote controls).

I hope too since lot of users are asking for those :) But the fact is that it is not always up to the application, also GPU drivers play big role in multi display setups and cause gray hairs (especially for the developers). Also handling things like moving DirectX application between different displays are going to complicate the code a lot in several places. But lets see what MP2 has to offer for multi display users (I personally use only one display since I know that the GPU drivers have been really problematic in the past with the DirectX and video playback, so it supporting such wont be on my TODO list).

Users who are viewing this thread