GUI slowdowns with MediaPortal 1.1.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

TioSolid

Portal Member
March 21, 2009
Hi guys, was using the stable version of MP for a while but since I changed my motherboard I decided to format my system and install the new beta. When using MP stable everything was rock solid and fast, but after installing the 1.1.0 Beta, Im experiencing some wierd slowdowns on the GUI. Everything looks and scrolls slower than in the previous version of mediaportal, like coverarts, movie posters, etc.

Where should I look when trying to solve this problem? Weird thing is that I was using a 9400GT and now that I have a 9500GT things are slower then in the previous version o.0. Im using the lastest StreamedMP skin, Moving Pictures and TV series, nothing besides that.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional 32 bits
CPU Type: Core2Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Memory: Corsair 2GB (2x1GB)
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM
Video Card: Geforce 9500GT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: Analog
HTPC Case: 3RSys HT-3000
Cooling: Intel stock cooler
Power Supply: Seventeam 450w
Remote: iMon Remote
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

elvis56

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just did a fresh install and put all the latest as well. Newest MP SVN/Newest Moving Pictures/Newest MP-TV Series and I find it slow as well. Mostly I notice that the Fan Art and Back Ground pictures will stop showing after awhile. If I let a Tv Series episode play to the end without stopping it myself, the show will stop but I see no episodes. I have to exit the TV Show Folder I was in and come back into it to select another. In Moving pictures the background photos will slowly start to slow down and then eventually I will get black screen for a background.

I have to say though I haven't really tried the default skins.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same problem here. Since i bought a new ssd and installed Win 7 with the latest MP beta and svn (+moving pictures 1.0 beta2, mp tvseries 2.5) i have some slowdowns. Especially in the moving pictures movie menu. But sometimes too, in a dialog menu of MPTVSeries. The scrolling is then really slow and not so fast like with my old configuration (Normal HDD, WinXP SP3, Mediaportal Beta with an older SVN, Moving Pictures 0.7.5, MPTVSeries 2.3).

I used StreamedMP and now Maya skin.

Hope someone could help :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom