Guide content incorrect since time change (1 Viewer)

Arterio

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
Since last Saturday night when the time changed my guide information has been off by one hour.

I use XMLTV to download guide information to a tvguide.xml file that the TV server reads. I have double checked XMLTV's configuration to make sure it's using the correct time zone info for me (-0800 Pacific Time). A show that shouldn't be on till 11:00pm is displayed in the guide at 10:00pm.

I have tried to use the time offset feature in the XMLTV plugin in the TVServer, but haven't been able to get it to work. The system time is correct, and the time zone is set correctly on my system too.

Any help would be appreciated, this is becoming very frustrating as my scheduled recordings are now all off and record the wrong programs now.

Thanks in advance!

Arterio

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
Out of sheer despiration I re-installed Windows and Media-Portal onto my HTPC. This still did not fix the problem.

I'm now running Windows 7 32-bit, and Media-Portal 1.1.0.0 RC2.

When I check the XMLTV .conf file, it says in there that it's set to -0800 (PST), but when I run XMLTV it says current time zone is -0700. This has to be where the offset is coming from.

How can I correct this?

Arterio

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
Problem resolved.

In the XMLTV plugin config page I had to set the time offset to -7. Now the program information appears at the correct time. I'm guessing I'll have to set this back once we go into the fall time change.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom