Gyration MCE Remote Supported (1 Viewer)

Ortelius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Amsterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    IanCalderban and others,

The Message Plugin is not available for download any more. Do really need it ? Is there an alternative?

I'm using Windows 7 and in EventGhost all is working fine. But the remote buttons do not trigger any actions within MP 1.1.1 (besides the ones working out-of-the-box).

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Edit: plugin found in other thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/where-can-i-download-message-plugin-87886/

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    IanCalderban and others,

The Message Plugin is not available for download any more. Do really need it ? Is there an alternative?

I'm using Windows 7 and in EventGhost all is working fine. But the remote buttons do not trigger any actions within MP 1.1.1 (besides the ones working out-of-the-box).

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Edit: plugin found in other thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/where-can-i-download-message-plugin-87886/

actually, thanks for this! I was in the middle of rebuilding MP system to win7 x64, MP1.1.1, first rebuild in 2 years, finding that my old gyration config recipe no longer worked. however with the new "messageplugin" as per the link above, it worked just the same.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi fellows,

Over the week-end I've upgraded my server and my client to MP1.2.
    Using the newer version of the message plugin that is compatible with MP1.2 I also managed to get my gyration to work again in no time.
    (I'm still using eventghost as an interface to make sure all buttons are functional.)

So the GOOD NEWS I have is: Gyration proves to work with MP, even with the newest version. Hooray!!

thempfanatic

Portal Member
    January 13, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: solved

I have now sucessfully mapped the Gyration GYR3101US remote. Here is what I did:

This is an overview of the Remote:
    GYR3101US2.gif

I first had to struggle with the yellow marked buttons because I am using Windows server 2003 (They work out-of-the-box in Windows XP Pro and MCE). So I ported some XP MCE drivers over to 2003. This was a pain in the a*** (took me quite some time). Afterwards the "yellow" buttons worked. It took another two days of frustration without any progress in mapping the "red" buttons. I finally solved the whole problem at a blow. I am now able to remap the "red" buttons as well as the "yellow" buttons without even having to bother about the drivers.

The nice thing which allows me to do so is called "EventGhost". Follow these steps to make your remote work (download and install EventGhost first ;)):

eg2.gif

eg3.gif

Choose the first entry of "Gyration RF Technology Receiver", add it, add another HID Plugin and choose the last of these entries this time (You might as well add all seven entries, doesn't really matter)
    eg4.gif

eg5.gif

eg6.gif

Now add as many shortcuts you like (one after another). Afterwards press the button on your remote you want to map and draw it from the eventlog on the left into the macro with the respective shortcut on the right side.
    eg7.gif

The mapping may look like this when you are finished.
    Notes: I added more than you need if you are running Windows XP. I also mapped the "My Pictures" button with the "home screen" because I don't use this plugin at all (in case you ask yourself ;)).
    eg8.gif

Note: To use shortcuts to the functions "My pictures", "My TV", "My Music" and "My Videos" at all you have to use the MyKeys Plugin.

I hope this helps... (PS: Activate the "General HID" option in MediaPortal configuration -> Remote)

-level20peon

is there anyway to get these images back? maybe attached via the mediaportal forum so they stay for as long as the project is around?
    thanks

• todo
      - Map the power button on the remote to the power menu of MP rather than just vista power command
      - a button to just force-close MP rather than force-reboot the whole box. Not found a way to do this.
      (anyone found a way to do these?)

Ian

• Your Gyration instructions are the best for mediaportal, and should be a stickied thread in and of itself. YES
      You can use a single button to force close MP rather than reboot the whole box. You map a button to "program exit" just like you'd map a button in any other manner. I however, like you, would like to map the regular gyration power button to do this. I haven't even setup my gyration or mediaportal, and just searching for old sources, and found this one as one I had used in the past to test MP. Thank you a TON.

Again, map any button you want to program.exit or something like that in EG. After I get it setup, I'll post the exact config.

UNFORTUNATELY however, my old eventghost config file that I had saved won't work with my new system as it says, many times, "multiple devices found. DOn't know which to use" and "error finding HID device."

I remember previously that even changing the USB stick of the gyration RF transmitter would mess up EG.

ANyway, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread