h.264 files have to rename to avi to play (1 Viewer)

vince

Portal Member
March 13, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue two wide
Windows Version: xp pro sp2
CPU Type: intel core 2 duo 2.13Ghz
HDD: 3.5" toshiba 100Gb 7200
Memory: 1 Gb DDR 533
Motherboard: Intel dg965ot
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 965
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 6200LE
Video Card Driver: Forceware 163.75
Sound Card: SigmaTel C-Major Audio
Sound Card AC3: None
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.3952
1. TV Card: None

Hi guys, I've been trying to go to MP exclusively instead of MP/zoom player and stuck on h.264 files. Found some threads that helped with the trick of renaming them from .ts to .avi which works, just wondering if this ever got sorted and I'm missing it. In 2.3 stable with default skin I get the 'file skipped' error others have reported, and have thusly done a clean install, gone through the Goose guide and set all up exactly as shown. Installed vobsub and checked in haali to autoload vsfilter. Tried with ffdshow and coreavc, same result, no playback but changing extension to avi fixes it on all the files I've tried.

I briefly had playback of the .ts files with a very wrong aspect ratio where the picture was just maybe the middle third of the real picture and zoomed in a bit, but then back to not working at all when it's a .ts file.

If nothing else I wanted to bring this up again since others seemed to get it sorted with the vsfilter trick, but that's not working for me. I found alot of threads about h.264 and can't tell if the others with my problem got it sorted or just resorted to renaming the files.

Thanks!

vince

Portal Member
March 13, 2007
Home Country
Is there any other info you need to acknowledge this as a bug? It seems like the issue others are having but not totally, they are using mkv files not .ts files so renaming is not a solution for them, although they are getting a similar error.

vince

Portal Member
March 13, 2007
Home Country
Ok, tried a few more things:

Fresh xp sp 2 load,
tried mp 0.2.3.0
tried svn 16764 and 16940

I thought all the files that are failing were h264, but some are plain .ts

2008-01-06 20:16:00.140625 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} failed due to the following error: 80040154. at MediaPortal.Player.TSReaderPlayer.GetInterfaces(String filename)
2008-01-06 20:16:00.140625 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed
2008-01-06 20:16:01.171875 [ERROR][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - h:\media\hd\lawrence.of.arabia.1080p.h264.oar.dd20.ts - skipping track!

Windows creates a graph fine, plays in graphedit or media player.

Also after failing, if I try to rename the file, it errors that the file is open and can't be changed until reboot, is the filter still grabbing it? Strange. The error looks a bit like a missing class in regedit maybe? MP barely pauses when you click one of these files, it's not getting far.

I would like to donate but I have donated to other projects in the past and never gotten them working, if I can get basic playback working I will donate for sure but this is very frustrating.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    hey there, thanks for your patience.

I don't have any HD files, so can't really offer too much help. I'm pretty sure most others have this working though.
    When you go into MP configuration, have you gone to the movies section and set a codec for HD files?
    It's kind of hidden in config/movies/movie player. Here you can select the h.264 codec to use. Maybe nothing is set here or there is a better option you could choose.

Hope this helps, if not, someone with mor HD experience may be along soon :)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    make sure VMR9 is on if ur using Win XP
    make sure EVR is on if ur using Vista

the subsettings for vmr9 dont matter..we are trying to get it running..right?

ok

it sounds like an MKV file to me

i downloaded KMPlayer one day and found it useful for testing...can read the properties of most files.."Media Info" when playing a file gives u the video and audio input/output/container/codecs etc..

in Mediaportal...use the right extension !

Mediaportal handles TS files differently from other files..if u have a file that is in a Matroska container and u name it .TS ....in my experience ..it wont play

if u have a file that is in Matroska Container format ( .MKV ) ..leave it as .MKV

vince

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies!

I'm running xp, and I've set up the codec page. I will check out your container suggestion, I can try renaming the files to mkv and see, and I like your utility suggestion.

Is there a way in MP to see what codecs are being used? I don't think I'm getting that far but it would be very useful to compare against graphedit.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sry i thought u meant x264..which is different

u can get mp to see h264 files and keep the .TS filename if u install haali matroska splitter and tell it to support TS files

or u can install the svn and tvserver and have MP open the .ts files by itself

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    "Is there a way in MP to see what codecs are being used? I don't think I'm getting that far but it would be very useful to compare against graphedit."

Use graphedit - and attach to remote graph while MP is playing a video.

vince

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    Home Country
    install haali matroska splitter and tell it to support TS files

Could you explain how to do this? I just don't see the option in Haali, or maybe I have the wrong version, but I dl'd it from the link in the pdf setup guide on the MP site.

I was wondering if I needed to install tv server, since the 'test the new filter' thread seems to point to that, but if I install tv server and don't really use it will that be an issue?

Thanks again -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom