[confirm] H.264 filter issues (1 Viewer)

Robby69

Portal Member
November 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

in the last time I struggle quite hard to get HD TV (Germany ARD and ZDF HD) running
especially I try to find a usable h.264 decoding filter (Win7 64bit) but without good success.
Here are my experiences:

1. Microsoft DVT filter
The filter is in principle working but unfortunately I get artefacts (it seems that frames are mixed up).
I do not get this artefacts all the time but quite often even without any dropouts and with stable 50Hz frame rate (shift+1 view) and with low CPU load.

2. MPC video decoder (I manual register MPCVideoDec.ax from the MPC standalone filter pack).
This filter sometimes does not start at all (when I'm switching to a HD channel) and Mediaportal hangs.
If it is running then everything is fine, stable and no dropouts (low CPU).
When I remotly connect to the graph (using graphedit) and stop and start the graph again it is (sometimes) working and sometimes not.
So I can try to start and stop until it is working.
Something seems to be unstable when rendering starts up.

3.Divx h.264 filter
Unfortunately this filter uses no HW support and therfore I get some dropouts because
TVService uses a lot CPU (for some seconds) after I switch to another channel and there are not enouch CPU power left at this time.
Unfortunately I get not that stable framerateas with the other filters and the (shift+1) graphs are quite spiky.

4. Power DVD filters
no experience

It could be that these problems have nothing to do with Mediaportal at all but
it would be quite helpful if someone at least can confirm some of this issues.
I have not added any log yet but I can do If there is someone else with the same issues but as
I could see in the logs they seem to be ok since this is more a rendering problem.
Maybe this issues are already known and I have missed them in the forum.
The "new" core.dll does not change anything and also the lates SVN (25334 which I have build by my own) does not fix anything above
The problems are still there.

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: H.264 filter issues

I can confirm above for the Microsoft codec.
    I have an ATI 2600XT Graphics Adapter. PowerDVD runs fine though.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The MS codec combined with ATi is know to give terrible results for many users. Me too ;)

Robby69

Portal Member
    November 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your replies.
    yes, I have also ATI GPU (HD3600).
    Ok seems that the MS codec has problems with ATI HW or ATI drivers.
    What about the MPC video decoder (MPCVideoDec.ax), does someone has similar instable startup problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom