[no Bug] H.264 Sutter, no dropped frames (1 Viewer)

rak

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi,

I'm experiencing heavy stutter on some HD movies, even if the same movie plays fine in MPC-HC using same codecs. These stutters happen without dropped frames, also there is no record of this in EVR.log. It can be very nicely seen in the stats graph.

My config:
MP 1.0.5.25335 + MPC splitters/subtitles patch
codecs: ffdshow DXVA + ffdshow audio (latest SAF package)
audio: passthrough through SPDIF
video: ATI HD4550, 1080p at 23.976Hz over HDMI

I have created a sample from the movie with 1min duration. Where can I upload it?

Some stutter happen almost on all HD movies, but on this movie it is really a pain.

Attachments

• 16-09-26.png
    16-09-26.png
    483.2 KB
  • 16-09-33.jpg
    16-09-33.jpg
    141 KB

rak

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I found out, that the problem is the movie itself. The movie has two audio streams - DTS english and DD5.1 czech. The czech audio was probably extracted from PAL DVD and just merged into the 23.976Hz movie without resampling to proper frame rate. This causes the audio and video to go of sync very fast and thus the video frames are skipped very often to resync the video back to audio stream.

Previously, when I checked this movie in MPC-HC, I only checked it with the english audio - which worked fine. So I thought, that the problem must be in MP.

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes it seems thats in the MP or EVR with the framerate handling. However I unchecked the window transparency, and avoided the computer crash that followed earlier. There is still stuttering but less of it. I keep my fingers crossed that the problem getting solved in RC3 or final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom