H.264 TV fails on one pc ?? (1 Viewer)

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi forum.

I have a really annoying TV watching problem.
I hope you can and will help me in the right dirrection... :)
I have two PCs
One with Vista and a Hauppauge external HVR-900H, and this is running smoothly with MediaPortal.
One with XP SP3 and a Hauppauge NOVA T-500, and this one is giving me some problems.

I can´t watch any H.264 TV channels on the last machine.
When i enter "MyTV" and start the TV, Mediaportal give me the sound from the channel, but no picture, and at the same time the GUI locks up.
The only way out is to log off from windows from windows task menu "CTRL-ALT-DEL"...:-S

I use the same codecs with the same adjustments (default) on both PC´s, k-lite codec pack, and on top of that the most resent ffdshow.
I have looked in the MediaPortal configuration in the TV section, and both machines are set up identical here (the default settings)
I have tried removing Mediaportal complete and re-install, and still i have the same problems on that machine.

Pleace, can you give me a hint, in the right dirrection ??
- is it perhaps the ffdshow somehow, even thoug it is running fine on the one PC ??
- is there a better codec for H.264 TV watching ?

BTW:
Both machines are running at about the same CPU speed (the working one actually a little lower), and both with the same ammount of memory

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi again Forum.
I was about to create a new log-file, when i thought of trying a different decoder/codec (?).
I had the H.264 PDVD8, and i installed it on the problem-pc, and when i then selected that decoder/codec, the system worked like it should.
Then i also tried to install this on my working PC, and this also works great with PDVD8.

So my problem is solved...:)

Now i have only some other little issues left, that i need to look into, and perhaps come back to the forum and ask... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom