Had to force close config, now wont start and crashes MePo (1 Viewer)

Biffa001

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Hi guys,

After spending ages sorting out my movie collection (isn't it always the way...!) I accidently moved my mouse so it looked like I moved a menu (in the filter section) into another menu and a box popped up saying it was making the changes. This went on for ages so I left it and went to bed....

...this morning it was still going so I guessed somethjng was up. I force quit the MePo config and now woth Moving Pictures enabled it crashes Mepo when it gets to the load plugins screen (MePo starts when Moving Pics is disabled) and I cant start the Moving Pics config at all, it just Appcrashes.

I tried a reinstall over the top and still have the same problem.

Is there a way to remove and reisntall without losing my database or it there a way to clean the DB as I'm guessing that may be causing the problem?

Any other ideas as I really dont want to start all over again!

Thanks for the great plugin though. When user error (me) doesnt interfere it's great :)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i would just restore from a backup, then you have only lost what has been done since that backup, with any luck it might be only days old

they are in

ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\MovingPictures_Backup

Biffa001

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    ahh didnt realise there was a backuo DB there....!

I had to restore an image of my OS drive from 2 weeks ago and then do 2 weeks worth of importing/installing etc but it's all working ok now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom