Handbrake issues: format for remote viewing and lingering processes (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

This is a great plugin... thanks for all the hard work!

I'm having a couple of issues with getting the transcoding to work properly.

First, I only run the transcoding on demand. When the transcode is complete, I get a lingering handbrake process under the apache process... I cannot start a second transcode until I manually kill the handbrake process.

Second, I am trying to find the right set of parameters to have a trancode that is able to stream over the internet to my iPhone.... every time I try to do something, the phone says it cannot view the format. What are other people using? The built-in presets make files that are way too big to stream over the internet.

here's my current setting for handbrake:

Code:
    "c:\Program Files\iPiMP\Utilities\handbrake\HandbrakeCLI.exe" --format mp4 --optimize --encoder x264 --quality 0.5 --rate 15 --aencoder faac --ab 32 --arate 22.05 --width 480 -o "{1}" -i "{0}"

I've attached logs.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers.

Geoff

Attachments

• lingeringprocess.png
      lingeringprocess.png
      8.9 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There have been a few reports on the Handbrake forums of Handbrake not closing correctly and I'm watching them to see if there's a fix.

I'm also thinking about putting something into iPiMP in the interim to handle this problem.

Also you should just use the iPhone handbrake preset....

Code:
    "c:\Program Files\iPiMP\Utilities\handbrake\HandbrakeCLI.exe" -Z "iPhone & iPod Touch" -o "{1}" -i "{0}"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom