harddrives and movies (1 Viewer)

duppsko

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have two extern harddrives with movies, and wanted to know if there's something i can do to make MP list all my movies from both the HDs instead of having to select wich harddrive to list the movies.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Whith NTFS u can tread a HD like a folder.

go to disk management console for options to mount a disk as a folder

duppsko

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thanks.

Tried that, but what i really would like if when i enter My Movies in MP it will show one list of all the movies on both HDs instead of that i have to click another folder to see the movies on HD #2.

Is this possible?

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that should be possible.
    You are currently looking at the "shares" view in My Movies. "Shares" is the MP word for folder hierarchy. Other views are also available, try tampering with the button (I believe the second one on the left hand row) called "view" or "views". If your movies suddenly disappear, you have to populate the moviedatabase, since exept share all views use a database with all kind of movie information. A search on the forum or in the wiki might help you with populating this database, but if you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask.

duppsko

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    YES YES!
    Thank you.

It was because i didn't scanned them for info so i ended up with an empty list.
    Too bad this trick doesn't work with TV series.
    When listing one HD at a time it was nice to click on a TV series and then a list came up with all the episodes to choose from. Just like a folder. But when i use this Show Titles it lists all the episodes in between the movies.

Like:
    16 Blocks
    Braveheart
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Star Wars I
    Terminator

Is it possible to do something with this? Like have a folder with files inside, in the "Title" view?

Thanks all for helping... :)

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    YES YES!
    Thank you.

It was because i didn't scanned them for info so i ended up with an empty list.
    Too bad this trick doesn't work with TV series.
    When listing one HD at a time it was nice to click on a TV series and then a list came up with all the episodes to choose from. Just like a folder. But when i use this Show Titles it lists all the episodes in between the movies.

Like:
    16 Blocks
    Braveheart
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Star Wars I
    Terminator

Is it possible to do something with this? Like have a folder with files inside, in the "Title" view?

Thanks all for helping... :)

you can try using this TVSeries plugin for your TVShows found here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4633

Users who are viewing this thread