Hardware Acceleration with CoreAVC 2.0? (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have just installed CoreAVC 2.0 to set up my HTPC with minimal codecs as the SAF package did not fulfil my requirements for a couple of reasons.

But upon testing I have noticed I am not getting hardware acceleration when using Mediaportal. I have verified this using Graphstudio (GS) & task manager. If I render an HD media file (eg. 3.10 To Yuma.mkv BD rip) through GS, then my CPU load is below 10%. However, if I connect to windowed MP, then the load jumps to over 50%.

Has anyone else determined full HA through their system? And, yes, I do have prefer CUDA acceleration checked in the CoreAVC config area.

The playback is fine, I would just prefer to have the minimum loading possible. :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Seme people have reported that CoreAVC 2.0 CUDA stops working with the refresh rat changer enabled.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    :D for the information. I was setting up a new partition from a Ghost image with minimal programmes installed for vRC2 when I found this issue.

I reinstalled my latest OS setup, installed CoreAVC & tested on that configuration. Guess what: HA is working, even with the dynamic refresh changer isntalled. Go figure.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ... SAF package did not fulfil my requirements for a couple of reasons.

Can i ask wich ones? :)

Certainly:

1) I have always had issues with ffdshow taking complete control of my various systems, over the years. Blacklisting, etc. has not always worked. With the supplied version of MPC-HC, I cannot prevent ffdshow being loaded as either the primary video codec, or it attaching itself as a secondary one. Even if I have removed it from the external filters & set CoreAVC as the preferred video codec.

I have also had issues with this whilst using MediaPortal. Though, it seems to have settled down with the install of CoreAVC, according to GraphStudio.

2) As I've stated in a couple of threads on these forums, I have had issues with the ffdshow version supplied being able to upscale my lower resolution media files. If I simply overwrote the ffdshow.ax file with one I knew worked, the upscaling would function.

From memory, the DVXA version, supplied with the 5.00ex, I think did work: can't actually remember.

As you may have gathered, I am back using 4.00, for the time being. As I reverted back to an image that had it installed, & as stated, it seems to be behaving itself inside MP, with CoreAVC installed. I am still tweaking, but it does take time.

When it comes to ffdshow, I do prefer to have control with the install version, rather than have it installed from a package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom