Hardware check ! Was haltet ihr von meiner auswahl ? (1 Viewer)

Steffenjones

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

habe mir mal einen HTPC konfiguration ausgewählt !

Gebt mir mal biite infos was ihr davon haltet ob gut oder schelcht
ob geeignet oder nicht !

Gehäuse: MS-Tech MC380
Mainboard: Asus P5N7A-VM
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Ram: Corsair XMS2 2x2GB
TV-Karte: TechnoTrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2, PCI
Netzteil: Be Quit Pure Power BQT L7
Laufwerk: Liteon iHOS104 BlueRay

Was haltet ihr davon ?

Dake !:D

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi SteffenJones,

Main comment, as I did not look into it in high detail, would be: Are all the parts compatible with one another?
I bought all the components for my HTPC at one vendor and asked about hardware compatibility on their helpdesk e-mail before doing a purchase.

Gehäuse: MS-Tech MC380:
Good price-quality ratio, probably you will buid a machine with cooler fans. Make sure to use fans that don't make to much noise
Will probably not generate difficulty to assamble (big space above motherboard, Optical disk tray left of motherboard)

Mainboard: Asus P5N7A-VM:
Has it all.
What I most fancy about this board is the CUDA part, wouldn't know how to take advantage of it in MP.
Have a look at the review on this page Asus P5N7A-VM Review - Motherboard Reviews - TrustedReviews. Some hints about video speed on page 2.
Make sure to verify if the RealTekALC1200 chipset for sound is doing well with MP (maybe talking to someone who knows the chipset out if his experience)
Has a nice passive cooling unit for the combined North-Southbridge chipset Maybe make a picture of it to put on the background of your MP machine before building it into the box ;-)
Make sure to generate some airflow in the box

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E7400: Fits the motherboard, will do the job (My processor is an E5200, less power, doing the job so should be ok)

Ram: Corsair XMS2 2x2GB: is DDR2 800. Make sure motherboard is 240 pins and is Non-ECC compatible.
Note that most Microsoft OS-es don't address all the memory (only 3 of the 4 GB). I also have 4GB in my system. Built for future ;-)

TV-Karte: TechnoTrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2, PCI: has been referred to by people on the forum. Have a look at their experience.

For info: I have used an old PC to connect my sat-card, so if I want I can watch TV on a portable, even in the garden, connected via WIFI. My "server" is in the attick.
Also, in the unlikely event that my client HTPC crashes, I can still watch TV. My single point of failure is not at the client side any more.

Netzteil: Be Quit Pure Power BQT L7: Does it have a 24-pin power outlet for the motherboard? Alternatively, does your motherboard support 20-pin power supply? There are multiple versions with different wattage. They should all do the job, so don't buy the most expensive most powerfull one.

I did not search for info on your blu ray disk, though would suspect it to be quite universally compatible.

Hope this helps a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom