Hardware Defect? TT-Budget S2-3200

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by jojo1411, May 31, 2011.

1. jojo1411

jojo1411 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi Together,
    since yesterday I'm in big trouble with one of my HTPC Configuration.

3 days ago, we had a power blackout. My HTPC was in Standby and after the blackout he was fully shut down. After booting it, TV Server gave came up with some error messages. After a reinstall of the TV-Server and uninstalling the Beta TV Card drivers and installing the stable ones, everything worked fine. Until today.
    After watching 2 days tv without any problems, the tv Server stopped completely working. Restarting TV Server, Reinstalling TV Server, Reinstalling TV Card Driver had no effect. TV-Server comes up everytime with a "unknown error" message. Searching after the log-entry, didn't match any forum results.
    What's your suggestion? Has the tv card been broken through the power blackout?

A short description of my situation: The HTPC's activity is 80% TV and 20% Music&Videos. My parents are using a HTPC setup since over 2 years. They hope to get a really stable TV Server, the HTPC wasn't stable all the time. Often you had to restart the TVService or even reinstall the TVServer.
    I'm using a Cinergy S2 which is slightly more stable. So my question is, is there a hardware setup which you would say runs very stable. Would you recommend to buy a new/other TV Card or would you switch over to HDTV Stand-alone Receiver for TV watching and using the HTPC only for Videos and Music?

Logs are attached:

Thank you

MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta
    MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    CPU Type: AMD Phenom X4 955 3,2Ghz
    HDD:
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Motherboard:
    Video Card: Sapphire RADEON HD 4670
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.4
    1. TV Card: TT-Budget S2-3200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19,2°E
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 895
    TV: Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kszabo
    • Premium Supporter

kszabo MP Donator

Ratings:
    +87 / 1
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Show System Specs
    Hi

this won´t help you but I had already 1 Technotrend S2-3200 failure (no power out on the antenna cable) and 2 Technisat HD2 failures (simlpy no signal error 2 times).... it is very possible.

4. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

This is not a hardware problem - I'm 95% certain it is a DB problem. This comes from your logs:

Show Spoiler
    2011-05-31 21:42:49.595262 [TVService(6)]: TvControllerException: Error: StatementErrorUnclassified

Gentle.Common.GentleException: Update Program set state=0 where state<>0; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)

bei Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)

bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute()

bei TvDatabase.Program.ResetAllStates()

bei TvService.TVController.InitController()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

bei Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)

bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute()

bei TvDatabase.Program.ResetAllStates()

bei TvService.TVController.InitController()

To fix it, open a command line and enter the following commands:

The default password is "MediaPortal" - case sensitive

:)

• Like Like x 3
  5. jojo1411

jojo1411 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: Re: Hardware Defect? TT-Budget S2-3200

Thank you very much, TV works again. I don't understand how the db has get damaged, but now it doesn't matter.

:D:D:D:D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!