Hardware video acceleration support (1 Viewer)

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
Does MediaPortal support hardware video acceleration, such as 3:2 pulldowns using hardware? I'd be very much interested in getting my Radeon9800 Pro to take care of the pulldowns and such so I can take care of my super-shaky DVDs as a result of what appears to be no type of pulldown at all. (the video is bouncing up and down on the screen by very little, however it's enough to be noticable and VERY irritating

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
As of now, I'm using the DScaler Mpeg2 video decoder. I went tho this one because the MPV decoder would not render DVD menus at all. I watch DVDs that are in both PAL and NTSC format using my NTSC 24" TV as the sole output for the computer (I'm in the US using S-video output to the TV)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, as you have an ATI Radeon video card, I suggest you use the CyberLink Video decoder - that's the one that gives me the best results with my ATI card. You can download a trial version of CyberLink's PowerDVD (which includes the CyberLink Video decoder) and try it before committing any money ... :)

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2006
    It's amazing what a simple codec swap can do. I'm not having the bouncing video at all anymore, and DVD menus are now working even better than they were before. When I first installed powerDVD, I enabled the hardware pulldown detection in powerDVD, and I have no clue if this is making a diffrence in MP, but regardless either way, I now have basically perfect video in MP. :)

gljubojevic

Portal Member
    September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Disable DxVA ?

Hi I'm using nvidia decoder but I must disable DxVA when playing DVD-s because I'm unable to use DVD menus or watch subtitles.

Is there a way to have HW accelerated playback (DxVA enabled) and have correctly displayed video and subtitles.

HW accelearation is important for me because I'm running MP on 1Ghz celeron machine and with DxVA MP is using 30% of CPU in contrast to 85%-100% of CPU when HW acclereration is enabled.

Only problem is that DxVA thrashes video display :(

Thanks for info !

Goran

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there a way to have HW accelerated playback (DxVA enabled) and have correctly displayed video and subtitles.
    Yes, there is - I found that using the CybeLink Video decoder with my ATI Radeon card gives perfect results ... :D

I also had to install DVD43 and DVD Region Killer to ensure that all DVDs would work correctly, irrespective of their country of origin or the copy protection that was used. Strangely, I found that some types of DVD copy protection caused the DVD menus to be erratic!

I don't use subtitles, so I can't claim that they always work perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom