harmony one remote (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm thinking about getting a harmony remote tomorrow, but after looking it appears that the ones i have been looking at dont have an IR usb adapter for my PC. So my question is does a certain model come with one that anyone knows about?

thanks

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    try to get a Microsoft-Remote ore the IR-Adapter of those remote only. It works perfect ...

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    The harmony one doesn't come with the IR receiver. I am using the Microsoft one that normally comes with the microsoft remote and receiver kit.
    I dont know if they are still available but mine seems to work spot on with the Microsoft one, and without issue.
    You wont be dissapointed with the harmony One. Great remote :)

Regards

Kev

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008
    I'm going to borrow this thread.

I have the IR-dongle from the Philips SRM5100 model. So if I understand this correctly, a Logitech remote would work perfectly with that IR-dongle. Will it require any extra configuration on my part, or will it work exactly as the SRM5100 did?

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the Philips SRM5100 will not run under Windows XP and with other OSes exists a lot of other problems. The Harmony One has a build in function "Media Center" thats all you have to activate. After that, you can take away the original MS-Remote and use the Logitech instead. Whether those Philips would then also do, I cannot judge.

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008
    Hi,
    the Philips SRM5100 will not run under Windows XP and with other OSes exists a lot of other problems. The Harmony One has a build in function "Media Center" thats all you have to activate. After that, you can take away the original MS-Remote and use the Logitech instead. Whether those Philips would then also do, I cannot judge.
    Alright, right now I use SRM5100 under Vista and it works great. But soon I'm looking to upgrade and of course a little confused over what the best alternative is. Thanks for the info, if any suggestions come to mind feel free to lay them on me.

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008
    Can I use the Harmony One remote to copy/learn all the functions from the Philips SRM5100 remote in order for the ONE-remote to work with the Philips 5100 IR-dongle?

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Harmony One is able to learn commands from the original remotes of TV, VCR, settop-box, DVD-player and so on. I think the SRM5100 with all the problems within Windows is the problem itself. The only thing without any problems is the "real" MCE-Remote of M$.

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008
    I think the SRM5100 with all the problems within Windows is the problem itself.
    What problems would those be? I've the SRM5100 and it works superbly with Mediaportal under Vista x64.
    If Harmony One is able to copy commands, then it should be able to learn SRM5100 commands and that in return would work with the IR-dongle, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom