harmony remote volume control problem SPDIF (1 Viewer)

77dramarc

Portal Member
November 17, 2009
Hi,
I use a Harmony 515 universal remote to control mediaportal (simulates an hauppauge 45 button remote control) in the tv-server settings in mediaportal).
I sue and optical (SPDIF) cable output from my computer to the receiver. This is done since I can't change the volume on my computer (or in mediaportal) when digital sound through SPDIF is used.

Therefore I've set up my Harmony remote so that the volume buttons on the remote should control my audio receiver instead.

So here is the problem: While running mediaportal and trying to change the volume, the first time I press the volume button it switches tv channel in mediaportal. If I press the volume down button again the volume of the receiver is lowered. I hav eto go in to TV GUIDE to change volume because the first remote click will the just change row in the tv guide. Then when the volume is allright I’ve to go back to full screen tv in order to avoid changing channel with the volume button…

This is very annoying. I've even tried to remove the mappings for volume in mediaportal TV-server settings without any luck.

Anybody with the same problem or anybody who knows how to resolve this?
I don’t really know how to troubleshoot this problem.
Best regards
Anders

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your harmony remote is obviously learnt the code incorrectly.

Often remotes have two IR codes for each button and they alternate between each code. This is to prevent reflections of the first IR code causing double input. It sounds like the first IR code is incorrect and the 2nd IR code is correct.

desertrats97

December 23, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    was your harmony remote easy to set up.?
    im shoppoing for a remote and i see nothing but issues with multiple remotes.. ..
    does anybody know of remote that will work with MP out of the box ???

antec slim box/ dual core / 1TB HD / 3Gb mem / Xp

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am using HP MCE Remote with blaster ($17USD delivered on ebay from hong kong)
    This works with XP Pro SP3 + MP without needing any drivers or MP plugins installed
    HP MCE KIT REMOTE CONTROL/USB IR RECEIVER/EMITTER VISTA - eBay (item 140366011715 end time Dec-10-09 20:34:13 PST)

However the remote will not work with IRSS or HIP.
    The blaster/remote works fine with LM Remote KeyMap.
    If you want to use the blater to change channels on the STB via TV Server plugin, you need to purchase full copy of LM Remote KeyMap.

EDIT: It seems some other users are having problems with this remote and the drivers. Not sure why it is working so easily for me, but not for others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom