Has anyone resolved audio sync with Dynamic Refresh Rate problem? (1 Viewer)

Mr.NiceGaius

Portal Member
December 9, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using the current version of MP. Whenever I play a 24Hz .m2ts or .mkv files, I lose sync with audio.

I've read through the forums and some of the threads in here... and no one actually informs us how to get the sync issue cleared up.

I've got the latest NVidia drivers, set my VC1 files to use ffdshow dxva, set my h264 stuff to coreavc for cuda acceleration (all confirmed working). When I play stuff without Dynamic Refresh rate rate I have no sync issues. When I switch it on, it rears it's head.

I've tried utilizing other codecs and combinations of settings. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

I'm running a Q6600 proc with 4GB RAM, 8600GT card, and Windows XP Pro.

Alternately, I've been running Meedio for years on this same system and never once had file playback issues, although everything ran at 60Hz (I say this because someone in a thread mentioned that a stock-clocked Q6600 is not clocked well-enough to play high-bitrate Blu-Ray rips... but that is wholly untrue. I don't have issues playing at 60Hz in both Meedio [internal player] or MediaPortal).

I'm desperate. I love Mediaportal and just want this last feature to work smoothly.

Thanks.

Mr.NiceGaius

Portal Member
December 9, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I resolved the issue.

To anyone who has the same issue: set a custom resolution within Nvidia's Control Panel for 24Hz. Set the timing for it manually to 23.976. You don't have to set your pc resolution to that... but for some reason that custom setting needs to be in there.

Now every file I play works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom