Hauppage DVB-T usb + PVR usb2 ? (1 Viewer)

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
Hello.
This is my first post. I'm reading this forum since 2 months and I have made my htpc. It is a laptop with 512 Mo on an Athlon 300+, ATI radeon 9700.
I actually have an Hauppauge DVB-T usb with mediaportal, and all of this is great. Since one week I now have a Microsoft MCE2005 remote.

I'm now in the process of adding other source of videos to mediaportal. I'm in France and have a DVB-C receiver.
I'm thinking of a Digital Everywhere Firewire DVB-C but it is not sure (really) to work with my provider. I'm talking with them (Peter) by mail since one week.
So, as an other solution, I'm thinking of adding an Hauppauge Win TV PVR USB2 and use my DVB-C receiver by s-video.
Questions :
- may I have conflict driver having 2 different Hauppauge products ?
- having 2 USB2 product... USB bandwith is ok ? (I could add a pcmcia USB2 card if not)
- changing channel on my DVB-C receiver.... I have the Microsoft MCE2005 remote control with the 2 blasters. Is it ok for MediaPortal to control the channels with this hardware ?

Sorry for all the questions, lot of interrogation in my mind...
Thank in advance for your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else...
Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had...
Good morning. Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
Replies
Views
This Plugin is made to overtake the lack of direct show video settings in Tvserver for hauppauge PVR card (tested with Colossus 2 and Pvr HD2 usb, but it could work with any pvr card)For each timeshift starting it setups : VideoProcAmp_Brightness VideoProcAmp_Contrast VideoProcAmp_Hue VideoProcAmp_Saturation VideoProcAmp_Sharpness...
This Plugin is made to overtake the lack of direct show video settings in Tvserver for hauppauge PVR card (tested with Colossus 2...
This Plugin is made to overtake the lack of direct show video settings in Tvserver for hauppauge PVR card (tested with Colossus 2...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for your help.
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for your help.
Hi, previous user of Nebula DigiTV here, changed to MP2 with a TBS6205 DVB-T2/T/C Quad Tuner last week. After finding that some of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on which a WinTV-quadHD card is installed. This card worked perfectly before the migration and no hardware change was made (not a single cable disconnected). Since my passage under windows 10 x64, I can't get...
Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom