Hauppage WinTV no channels found (1 Viewer)

kgk

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: svn--10-31-2006--00-59-Rev11415
Windows Version: Windows XP MCE 2005 Build 2600 SP2
CPU Type: Intel P4 3.0GHZ
HDD:
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: Asus P4GD1 Pro
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATI X1300
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage WinTV 88X
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Hauppage 2.105.23074.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 6.0.2.2806
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink 6.0.0.2122
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

TV Server 3 Version : 10-30-2006--21-51h--Rev11414

No channels are found using my Hauppage WinTV 88x Card. The card works when I use WinTV32 and WinTV2000 and DScaler.

jahamala

November 1, 2006
I have the same card and the same problem. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware based card because I've been using it with MCE which requires a hardware based analog card.

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This is how my DVB-T WinTV Nova-T is recognized and yeah, I get the same result. It shows up in the list and all, but clicking "Scan for TV channels" result in nothing.
Isn't it supported yet?

Bulan

Portal Member
December 11, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Not working in regular either..?

The TV-server doesn't support sw-cards jet. Unfortunately. But the regular MP supports them.

Got the same Hauppauge WinTV card (88x analog) and it doesn't find any channels either.

But I also tried without the TV-server, i.e the regular MediaPortal 2.2 as Andreaswith said that would work, but it doesn't even find any card at all.. ?

Basically I just Stopped the TV-server and then tried to "add" a card in the configuration for the regular MP.
Tried both plain 2.2 version and also adding the latest SVN.. still the same

Anyone knows which version it should be working in?

tiwang

Portal Member
December 5, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This type of card looks similary to the Hauppauge HVR3000 - hybrid card with DVB-T, DVB-S & Analog - if it is so you can by manually stopping and starting the tuner service normally be able to scan for channels - but you'll probably not get much further - now have I during the last 2 monts tried to get some help to get this card up and run with MP and/or TV Server but not much luck

regards /ti

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sorry for the confusion I have made. I think I was confused (ant to a certain amount, still am) over the hauppauge models. I have an old s/w card called just WinTV. It's an old card based on the Conexant 878a chip. It's listed as an supported s/w card, provided that you have an encoder for it. See instructions in the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Supported_TVCard_Analog_Software_Encoding/HauppaugeWinTV878based and take note of the comments on that page.

I aplolgize for my mistake. :)

Andreas

Karger

January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello,

Does anyone know what build the bug with Hauppage - no channels issue is targeted to be resolved in?

This is the perfect client/server software that I found, just wished that part worked.

Thanks,

Bulan

Portal Member
    December 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tried the stuff posted on the Wiki for the 878-chip.. but didn't work w my 88x

Found a Winamp plugin though:
    http://tv-plugin.com/

And that one worked and I could scan and view TV in WinAmp with it.
    Reason I'm mentioning it is just in case the devs would be helped by it, maybe getting source or something , so that it would also be supported in MediaPortal?
    Dunno really, but just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom