Hauppage WinTV PVR-150 IR issue (1 Viewer)

mortiz

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Norway
Okey, I give up after browsing and searching this forum for hours, without any luck..

I have just returned to MP and I feel like it's in it's place to compliment the development team. MP has come a LONG way since I last tried it a couple of years ago (or so...)

Anyway, I have some problems having my Hauppage WinTV PVR-150 (not MCE) remote work properly with MP. That is, it's not working at all. I've installed the IR32 components driver, and the IR icon is displayed as it should on the taskbar. However, after checking the hauppage remote option in setup, I've never expected the remote to be functional without any configuration and there lies the problem; how do I configure it? I've been going through the mapping table a number of times, but I can't find any way for setup to "learn" each command and assign it to a button on the remote.. (Edit: I have the 45-button remote..)

I've searched the forums quite a few times, as mentioned, and this one program/setting/word keeps being mentioned in remote-related topics: HID. Could someone please explain what this is?

In advance, thanks for any reply!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

mortiz said:
    and the IR icon is displayed as it should on the taskbar.

The IR application from Hauppauge is not needed. You should stop it. MP supports the Hauppauge remote nativly. Only the drivers are needed. :)

mortiz said:
    I've never expected the remote to be functional without any configuration and there lies the problem; how do I configure it?

There simply is nothing to configure! You did not expect it to work? But it should work, simply check "use Hauppauge remote" and everything should be fine.

What drivers have you installed? What does Configure show? No problems or does it state that you are using the wrong drivers....

Flip.

mortiz

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    Norway
    Thanks for the reply.

I've tried running MP without the IR application running, but that gave no more luck.. I've tried flushing the irremote.ini file followed by a reinstall of ir32.exe - that didn't do much good either..

But, if MP's supposed to support the remote without any mapping/keyassigning or any configuration except for simply checking the Hauppage Remote setting, it just simply has to be some sort of driver issue.. I'm currently running what, I at least thought, was the latest current drivers for the card. But I guess I'll have to get about and update the drivers in this case..

I'll post update after reinstall of drivers :)[/quote]

mortiz

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    Norway
    Well, I've now tried to reinstall drivers (I uninstalled all Hauppage related drivers using hcwclear and hcw_unregister). The sad fact is still that it doesn't work.

Configure still reports "no problems found" under the Remote -> Hauppage tab.. And, uh - I downloaded the new drivers from the link supported at the Team Mediaportal's download section..

I haven't had any problems with the remote before when using other HTPC software (meedio), so I know for a fact that this piece-of-s*** dows work.

Yes, I do have XP sp2 and I do have .NET installed.. And for that matter, any other required stuff..

:roll:

mortiz

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    Norway
    Okey, I've tried extended logging, but that pastebin site seems to have some db issues and doesnt work.

I've gone through the log a couple of times, and can't find any error messages, but this one thing seems strange (seeing as I've actually checked for extended logging):
    7/23/2006 11:13:38 AM HCWBlaster: HCWBlaster 0.1 plugin starting.
    7/23/2006 11:13:38 AM HCWBlaster: Extended Logging is NOT Enabled.
    7/23/2006 11:13:38 AM HCWBlaster: Adding message handler for HCWBlaster 0.1.

Dunno if I'm supposed to paste the entire log in the forums....?

Another thing that's been happening a few times when shutting down MP, is that a window pops up telling me "HcwHelper has encontered a problem andneeds to close.".. It's one of those send error report-windows..

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yeah the full log may help. I think there are more messages. Try searching for HCW in the log. You can post it here, but its recommended to use pastebin or own webspace, because its simply easier to read. :)

I encountered that problem, too! I think the issue is caused by something missing in those drivers we recommend. They do not seem to work properly, when installed on a "clean" system.

So please try following:
    - uninstall those drivers (hcwclear / unregister)
    - install official IR drivers (2.45):
    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_pvr150.html#access
    - install those drivers from our download section, without deinstalling the offical ones

HTH, Flip.

mortiz

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    Norway
    Thanks for taking time to help out here, FlipGer.. I appreciate it!

But still, I'm having no luck with this.. I removed the drivers, rebooted, re-installed (IR32 from your link -> Hauppage drivers from download section -> Tried using the remote with MP -> Installed IR32 drivers provided in download section).

Nothing's changed yet, except for that errormessage I mentioned about HcwHelper. It's gone now.

Anyhoo, I've uploaded the MP.log.
    http://morten.human-factors.net/MediaPortal.log

And once again, thank you for your replies :)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

hmmm. The log shows the problem:
    Code:
    7/23/2006 2:45:51 PM HCWHelper: Starting up
    7/23/2006 2:45:51 PM HCWHelper: HCWHelper already running - exiting
    7/23/2006 2:45:51 PM HCWHelper: Shutting down

But I am also lost here. I will try to get mPods attention to this thread (maker of the IR support).

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom