Hauppauge 45 button remote-skip/jump forward 30seconds (1 Viewer)

ctv1337

November 14, 2005
I've searched a couple of times looking for people who have the hauppauge 45 button remote that have edited the keys to different features. I couldn't find anything on how to edit the remote to use the skip button to forward a video by 30 seconds or so. I think its a useful feature considering most commercials are 15 or 30 seconds.

If anyone has information on how to edit the remote key bindings to where it will be able to skip forward 30 seconds i'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance for all the help.

SelArom

Portal Member
June 11, 2005
McAllen, TX
ctv1337 said:
I've searched a couple of times looking for people who have the hauppauge 45 button remote that have edited the keys to different features. I couldn't find anything on how to edit the remote to use the skip button to forward a video by 30 seconds or so. I think its a useful feature considering most commercials are 15 or 30 seconds.

If anyone has information on how to edit the remote key bindings to where it will be able to skip forward 30 seconds i'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance for all the help.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but pushing the directional buttons (up, down, left, right) will skip forward and backwards through the video I think they are preset to 15 and 30 seconds but I don't remember. lately though the up button will skip like 5 minutes! but play around with it. hope that helped somewhat

-SelArom

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

nothing to bind. Just hit RIGHT twice. :)

The LEFT and RIGHT buttons have incremental skipping.
    15, 30 seconds. 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes etc. Just hit them more than once.

HTH, Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom