Hauppauge DSR-0112 remote -edited- (1 Viewer)

teosoft

January 2, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Recently I bought a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-HD Stick and it came with a remote control different of the ones supported by MediaPortal (MP) and, unfortunately, it doesn't work with MP.

The remote, labeled with the model number DSR-0112, has 35 keys, white and gray on the front and black on the back. The remote is this one:
img_4613.jpg

When selecting a Hauppauge remote in the configuration and starting MP, the IR32 icon disappears from systray, once MP closes icon reappears, so there is a connection between the two but nothing happens, as described here. However, no matter the remote I select, I got no answer from the remote. I tried to learn the remote into the MP configuration but, again, I found no answer from the remote.

I have installed IR32 version 2.62.262629.0 and MediaPortal 1.0.

Meanwhile I have modified Irremote.ini to send the keys of MP and selected no remote in MP and it works fine but I would prefer to have it supported in MP.

-- Added 2009-02-07

It seems that the remote sends the sames codes than the 45 keys remote (HCWPVR2 codes) but, while the 45 keys remote has SystemCode 30 in Irremote.ini the DSR-0112 Remote has SystemCode=29.

Do anyone knows how to add support to this remote in MediaPortal ?

I have been looking at the source code HcwRemote.cs and Irremote.cs. It seems all the capture is done by HCWHelper.exe but i couldn't find how to tell it which remote I do have. Probably, I didn't look at the correct place.

Also I didn't find the documentation for the XML file defining the Hauppauge HCW.xml.

How I add a new remote?

-- Added 2009-02-23

I have develovped a patch for HcwHelper to support this remote. All the information is posted to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/improvement-suggestions-46/support-hauppauge-35-buttons-remote-control-dsr-0112-a-55080/#post380103

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi Invisible I have changed tack a bit since writing this thread. I decided to try and mimic my non genuine Media Player remote and receiver with my already setup Harmony One remote and then pairing with a remapped FLIRC as the receiver. This way I would have a backup control and receiver if either decided to stop working. While I...
Hi Invisible I have changed tack a bit since writing this thread. I decided to try and mimic my non genuine Media Player remote...
I have searched online and read the wiki's about the keymappping options but haven't been able to find an answer to this question...
Replies
Views
EPG Scroll Fix MP 1.25 includes two new actions that can be assigned to buttons on the remote control: TVGuide Next Timeblock TVGuide Prev Timeblock These actions scroll the EPG horizontally by an amount equal to the width of the EPG time window, namely 1, 2, 3, or 4 hours. Without these actions the EPG always scrolls by 3 hours...
EPG Scroll Fix MP 1.25 includes two new actions that can be assigned to buttons on the remote control: TVGuide Next Timeblock...
This post contains a support pack for use with the Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 remote controls. The support pack allows these...
Replies
Views
Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though, as I'm using Channels as a backend for Plex with xTeVe as a virtual tuner. I've lost touch somewhat with what's going on with MePo, but Channels is being very actively developed (which is key, as there's a...
Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though...
Love MediaPortal 1! I've been using it for years, originally with the MePo client and for the last few years as a backend for...
Replies
Views
It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
We have just released MediaPortal 1.28 Summer Breeze Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not...
Replies
Views
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom