Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This thread is in support of the Hauppuage HD-PVR & Colossus tuners. You can find links to download MediaPortal as well as other essential plugins below. Most people use the Schedules Direct plugin to get guide data, as well as the IRSS plugin to blast to their cable/satellite receivers. You can find links to their resective forums below.

HD-PVR - > HD PVR Product overview
    Colossus -> Colossus Product Overview

NOTE: the HD-PVR 2, Colossus 2 and HD-PVR 60 are currently not supported straight out of the box. However, there is a patch available here:
    HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me

Instructions:

Known Issues:
    1. Using S/PDIF audio with a multi-seat setup (ie. MediaPortal and TV Server installed on different PCs) can be problematic. Refer to: [TV] - HD-PVR TV freezes After Channel Change When using SPDIF

Inputs:

We recommend that you configure all channels with the correct video and audio inputs. If using the SchedulesDirect plugin to create your channels (recommended), that means you should set the video and audio inputs on the "advanced" tab.

Colossus:

pin 0 = Video_SerialDigital = HDMI #1 = HDMI video (note that you need MP 1.2.0rc or better for this to work)
    pin 1 = Video_YRYBY = YRYBY #1 = Component video (red + blue + green RCA plugs)
    pin 2 = Video_Composite = CVBS #1 = Composite video (yellow RCA plug)
    pin 3 = Video_SVideo = SVHS #1 = S-video (multi-pin round DIN plug)
    pin 4 = Video_YRYBY = YRYBY #2 = Component video 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 5 = Video_Composite = CVBS #2 = Composite video 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 6 = Video_SVideo = SVHS #2 = S-video 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 7 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #1 = HDMI audio
    pin 8 = Audio_Line = Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)
    pin 9 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #2 = S/PDIF audio
    pin 10 = Audio_Line = Line In #2 = RCA L/R audio 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)

HD-PVR:

pin 0 = Video_YRYBY = YRYBY #1 = Component video (red + blue + green RCA plugs)
    pin 1 = Video_SVideo = SVHS #1 = S-video (multi-pin round DIN plug)
    pin 3 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #1 = S/PDIF audio
    pin 4 = Audio_Line = Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)
    pin 5 = Audio_AUX = Aux In #1 = ???

HD-PVR 2 [requires patch from -->here<--]:

pin 0 = Video_SerialDigital = HDMI #1 = HDMI video
    pin 4 = Audio_AESDigital = AES In #1 = HDMI audio
    pin 5 = Audio_Line = Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)

[models with S/PDIF input]
    pin 6 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #1 = S/PDIF audio

[models with auxiliary inputs]
    pin 7 = Audio_AUX = AUX In #1 = Auxiliary audio input
    pin 8 = Audio_AUX = AUX In #2 = Microphone

Colossus 2 [requires patch from -->here<--]:

pin 0 = Video_SerialDigital = HDMI #1 = HDMI video
    pin 4 = Audio_AESDigital = AES In #1 = HDMI audio
    pin 5 = Audio_Line = Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)
    pin 6 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #1 = S/PDIF audio
    pin 7 = Video_YRYBY = YRYBY #2 = Component video 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 8 = Video_Composite = CVBS #2 = Composite video 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 9 = Video_SVideo = SVHS #2 = S-video 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 10 = Audio_Line = Line In #2 = RCA L/R audio 2 (AV header/connector/bracket)
    pin 11 = Audio_AUX = AUX In #1 = Auxiliary audio input
    pin 12 = Audio_AUX = AUX In #2 = Microphone

HD-PVR 60 [requires patch from -->here<--]:
    pin 0 = Video_ParallelDigital = HDMI #1 = HDMI video
    pin 1 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #1 = HDMI audio

Troubleshooting:

There are three common problems which people run into:
    1. Channel mapping. The Schedules Direct plugin creates your channels, but it does not tell TV Server which tuners can be used to tune those channels. To do that, use the configuration as described here: Mapping - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
    2. IRSS TVE 3 blaster plugin. Test blasting works, but blasting from MediaPortal doesn't work. The solution: restart the TV Server PC.
    3. PMT not found. This means the Colossus or HD-PVR are not detecting video and/or audio. Please ensure your channels are configured with the correct inputs as described above.

A special thanks to GARRY for the original HD-PVR code! Garry's Original Thread

Also special thanks to mm1352000 (MediaPortal Developer) that helped make all this happen!

Last edited by a moderator:

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    Thank you very much. Subscribed. I installed my Colossus this week and have been testing it out with the included software until I can get a chance to build the SVN. I greatly appreciate all of your efforts and the other devs involved as well.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WileECoyote: You are incredibly patient - *thank you* :D

An update: I *finally* managed to get VS2010 installed this evening. For some reason it would corrupt every time I downloaded it. I tried at least three times over the last two weeks. Needless to say downloading an ISO 3+ times at 2.5GB a pop when you're only on a 10GB cap with a family that you're sharing that cap with is going to cause some friction! In fact, the only way I succeeded in the end was to ask my brother to download it. Even then, copying the installer to my HDD corrupted the image - I had to install from the USB stick it was supplied on!!! :eek::mad::mad::mad:

Anyhow, now that I'm back up and running with the latest SVN I've attached a build with my 557 changes for the latest revision. More to come soon, but I'm off to bed for tonight...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Supercool! Im glad you figured it out!

As soon as you commit your changes, I will send my colossus code to you to review and commit (I would like to review the colossus code against your HD-PVR code for and changes.)

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Guys,

I still have audio sync problems with my setup. Do you see any audio drift?

Using on board hd3200 with 512mb allocated. Input is 720p from directv. Audio is ac3 over RCA audio with component video. Using the ffdshows codec at the moment. Audio drifts very slowly over time.

As understand things, it is the input video frame rate that may be mis-matched with the converter in the hdpvr??

Anyone else have this issue?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Guys,

I still have audio sync problems with my setup. Do you see any audio drift?

Using on board hd3200 with 512mb allocated. Input is 720p from directv. Audio is ac3 over RCA audio with component video. Using the ffdshows codec at the moment. Audio drifts very slowly over time.

As understand things, it is the input video frame rate that may be mis-matched with the converter in the hdpvr??

Anyone else have this issue?

Hey, Andy,
    Which version of MP are you using? Have you looked at the graphs on the Shift-1 page? That page should tell you if the frame rates are mismached...

I am using the SVN 27643 (The last version before the plugin-version-checker.) I'm not using the latest because most plugins are not compatible just yet. Version 27643 is working fine for me, but most of my tv watching/recordings are done either through the Colossus or my HVR-1600 QAM.

Wile E.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Wile,
    I'm rebuilding my HTPC today, should i be using the attached 27557 from first port, 27731 with patch from mm or 27643 with 27731 patch?
    I want to make sure I'll have support for both HD PVR and Colossus.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey SJeffrey,
    I just posted the TvLibrary.dll from the 27643 build. Both builds support the Colossus and HD-PVR tuners.

Have fun!

I also noticed the 27557 build has been downloaded 9 times. Has anyone else tried the Colossus? Success/failure?

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow, that was a fast response!
    I have tested 27557 on Colossus for 3 days and I'm amazed!
    I tried so many different solutions (Sage, DVB Bridge, etc.) on the same build so know I want to do a clean install from stratch.

Has anyone applied W7 SP1? I wonder if I should bother.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    The last time I rebuilt my machine I used W7 Ultimate with SP1 included. Im not sure of all the updates, but be aware if you use remote desktop hacks, SP1 is a little tricky.

Other than that I can't see much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom