Hauppauge HVR-1250 digital half not detected on install (1 Viewer)

Ryan K

January 27, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello everyone,
I'm new to MP, but VERY impressed with all that it has to offer. I recently installed it on my HTPC (as a singleseat), but I cannot get it to recognize the digital side of my Hauppauge HVR-1250 hybrid TV tuner card. Analog side is detected fine, but I get my TV signal over the air so that's useless to me right now.

I have searched these and other forums extensively, and followed several different MP install guides. All drivers are up to date, and I have tried re-installing MP about a dozen times (both 1.0.2 and 1.1 beta). I have installed the MCE compatibility kit from Hauppauge as well. I've also repeatedly started and stopped the TV service to try to re-detect the card. Incidentally, stopping the service seems to hang the server configuration app. Not sure if that's normal or not.

The tuner card works well with Win7 Media Center, so I know it's not a hardware problem.

Some folks reported problems with a similar card in this thread, but the solution was to edit the supported cards list, which is apparently obsolete in the 1.1 beta.

I've read elsewhere that others had problems getting MP to recognize the analog side of the HVR-1250, but everyone seems to have no problems with the digital side. In my case, the analog side is detected as a Hauppauge 885 (not a 1250), but others have also reported this onthis forum. In that thread, the digital side of things works fine, even though it's listed as an 885.

I see only one Hauppauge tuner in the TV server, and it's the analog one.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

MediaPortal Version: 1.1 beta
MediaPortal Skin: default (wide)
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel i7-860
HDD: 1 TB Western Digital Caviar Green
Memory: 4 GB Corsair PC
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD2
Video Card: XFX GeForce 210 512 MB
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1250
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T / analog hybrid
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Over the air
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 380
Remote: Hauppauge 45 button
TV: Sony LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Ryan K

January 27, 2010
Home Country
Any ideas? ANYBODY?

This problem is preventing me from using Mediaportal instead of Windows MC

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
The HVR-1250 works fine for me, running 1.0.2. Haven't tried 1.1 yet, so can't say if it broke in the SVNs.

Here's a very detailed post I made documenting everything I did, since at the time there wasn't a lot of QAM tuning info on the forums. Includes what driver versions I used, what I saw in device manager, and setting it up as a hybrid card in TV Server.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-cards-333/hauppauge-hvr-1250-a-52057/

Maybe it'll help, but like you said, it's not the card. In my experience, it's not MP either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom