Hauppauge HVR-1250 TV Card - Can't Find or Auto Tune (1 Viewer)

jacarr

February 6, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: RC-2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 TV Server & Client
MediaPortal Skin: Default Skin (Blue)
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.0
HDD: C: = WD 300GB / D: = WD 500GB / E: = WD 500GB
Memory: 2 GB DDR400 (PC3200)
Motherboard: Chaintech V915P
Video Card: nVidia 7300 GS OC
Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.7519
Sound Card: On Board HD Audio
Sound Card AC3: No Optical or Coaxial Out
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5700 (Realtek)
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1250
1. TV Card Type: Analog & ATSC/QAM
1. TV Card Driver: 1.25.25271.0
2. TV Card: None
2. TV Card Type: None
2. TV Card Driver: None
3. TV Card: None
3. TV Card Type: None
3. TV Card Driver: None
4. TV Card: None
4. TV Card Type: None
4. TV Card Driver: None
MPEG2 Video Codec: MediaPoratal Defaults
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MediaPoratal Defaults
h.264 Video Codec: N/A
Satelite/CableTV Provider: None
HTPC Case: Home Fabricated
Cooling: 6 Fans / Hard Drive Cooler
Power Supply: 450 Watt /Gen
Remote: Logitech Harmony 659
TV: None
TV - HTPC Connection: CATV (Coax Cable)

Hoping someone can coach a relative newbie in alternatives to resolve my issues....

~Goal is to set up a single install on my PC no server if possible~

I can't get MP to find my card with either: Ver 0.2.2 / 0.2.3 or 1.0 RC2

I can get it to find a card... Not Mine? Hauppauge 885... But can't scan any channels (analog or digital) after completing the full install of server and client.

What I have done:

~Clean installs of all versions of MP including SQL Svr
~All drivers for Audio, Video & TV Card updated
~All Patches for OS, Video, Audio & TV... Including the DVBFIX
~Used Graphedit to try to edit the card with no success. (possible I did some thing wrong - 1st time using)
~Tried TV card in another PC and got the same poor results..

Currently I have completely removed all MP & SQL from my system. In the hopes one of the GURUS can point me in the correct direction: What ver of MP to use and maybe more TV card config tricks to use....

Thanks in advance!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

jacarr

February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Thanks for your time.... However your suggestion did not work... I also applied the SP for SQL server and that did not help either....

Also unchecked any to do with EPG and Euro Channel layout (outside US) option....

I'll keep my eyes open for more solutions....

Thanks!

mks22914

December 20, 2008
    Home Country
    I also have a Hauppauge HVR-1250 and I am having a similar problem.
    - MP thinks I have a Hauppauge 885
    - When I try to scan for ATSC or QAM I do not find any channels
    - However when I scan for analog channels I do find channels, but because of the way the Hauppauge HVR-1250 is made its analog quality looks like poo.

I know is is not a solution to your problem, but just know that you are not alone.

Also I saw this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/help-scanning-channels-qam-comcast-41334/
    Another person that is having a similar problem.

Here are my specs FYI:
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC 4
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC 4
    MediaPortal Skin: Default
    Windows Version: Vista 32bit
    CPU Type: Intel E8400 dual 3.0
    HDD:
    Memory: 4 GB
    Motherboard: Intel
    Video Card: Nvidia 8800GT
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV 1250 Hybrid
    1. TV Card Type: Analog, ATSC, QAM
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.6A+
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: Coaxial

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    I just spent a few days with my Hauppauge HVR-1250. I stuck a long post at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/hardware-selection-help-62/hauppauge-hvr-1250-a-52057/ detailing what I did and what does/doesn't work.

Short story: no trouble at all with the digital tuner. Detected by TV Server fine, scanned fine, tunes and records fine. But I couldn't get the analog side to work at all. Not sure what I am missing there. I spent a little time on it yesterday, but really don't care if I can't get it to work. I've got 2 analog tuners already, and I've not seen anyone happy with the HVR-1250 quality, so am not pulling my hair out about. I am curious why your analog tuner works, though. Maybe it's Win2k3 Server, maybe it's the 64-bit, maybe it just doesn't get along with hardware encodering cards like my other two.

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    More 1250 woes :)

I just spent a few days with my Hauppauge HVR-1250. I stuck a long post at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/hardware-selection-help-62/hauppauge-hvr-1250-a-52057/ detailing what I did and what does/doesn't work.

Short story: no trouble at all with the digital tuner. Detected by TV Server fine, scanned fine, tunes and records fine. But I couldn't get the analog side to work at all. Not sure what I am missing there. I spent a little time on it yesterday, but really don't care if I can't get it to work. I've got 2 analog tuners already, and I've not seen anyone happy with the HVR-1250 quality, so am not pulling my hair out about. I am curious why your analog tuner works, though. Maybe it's Win2k3 Server, maybe it's the 64-bit, maybe it just doesn't get along with hardware encodering cards like my other two.

Got everything working on the digital side (card picks up channels my TV doesn't!) but I can't get the analog to work either... the "error in timeshifting" dialogue pops up. Bummer, since if I could get my STB to go into the S-Video and have it be available as an analog channel, I'd never have to leave MP!!

Hopefully some guru figures out a workaround, 'till then I am joining the ranks of the stunned....

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    See the rest of the thread I posted a link to. Someone had pointed me to the windvr3 trial software, and that was what it took to get the analog side of the 1250 working. The quality is not very good, so it's my lowest priority analog, but it DOES work. I have zero issues with the 1250 at this point, and it's been running great for months.

Tophicles

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hmmm....

See the rest of the thread I posted a link to. Someone had pointed me to the windvr3 trial software, and that was what it took to get the analog side of the 1250 working. The quality is not very good, so it's my lowest priority analog, but it DOES work. I have zero issues with the 1250 at this point, and it's been running great for months.

So you just install that software, or do you have to use it instead of MediaPortal? I'm confused, but then again, I'm waaaaay overtired :)

:D

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    The windvr3 software gets installed on the TV Server that has the 1250 in it. It just installs filters that TV Server can use to take advantage of the 1250 analog side. No settings needed to be changed in TV Server or anything. Just install, and start recording/viewing enough channels that you know the 1250 is being used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom