Hauppauge hvr-4400 diseqc LBN tunning problem (1 Viewer)

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I currently have this setup:

DISEQC MONOBLOCK (simple port a/b diseqc)
    LNB PORT A : HOTBIRD 13.0
    LNB PORT B: ASTRA 19.2

WITH WINTV 7 (Software Bundled with Hauppauge) ALL IS WORKING PERFECTLY (you can tune directly a PORT B Channel, switch to Port A Channel, switch to DVB-T channel and return to tune again PORT B or PORT A Channel.)

WITH MEDIAPORTAL TVSERVER:
    Although Channel Scanning works fine for two satellites using DiseqC THERE IS A BUG in the diseqc management on the hauppauge hvr-4400 card, the weird behaviour is this one:

TVserver is unable to succesfully change LNB PORT B on FIRST TUNE, but you can tune successfully LNB PORT A.

After you tune a channel at LNB PORT A, then , you can successfully change to LNB PORT B and tune channels.

If you switch to DVB-T, and return back to Satellite, and try to tune a channel at LNB PORT B, TVserver IS UNABLE to successfully change to LNB PORT B, you need in first place tune a channel at LNB PORT A, and after this, tune a channel at LNB PORT B to successfully change to LNB PORT B

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Q6600
    HDD: 1 TB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst
    Sound Card: ATI HDMI
    Sound Card AC3: ATI HDMI
    Sound Card Driver: ATI HDMI from Realtek
    1. TV Card: HAUPPAUGE HVR-4400
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2/DVB-S/DVB-T Tunner
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.47.28239
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: ASTRA / HOTBIRD
    HTPC Case: NOX Live
    Cooling: Custom Silence Cooling
    Power Supply: ATX 600W
    Remote: IMON
    TV: SONY BRAVIA
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I tried DVBViewer and is working perfectly with the HVR-4400 (SimpleA and SimpleB diseqC works fine).

WinTV7 works OK too .

4theRecord (ARGUS) and TVserver (Mediaportal) both have the same bug in DiseqC Management... any comments from developers?

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Someone experience problems with hvr-4400 , diseqc and Mediaportal???

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The fact that WinTV7 is managing correctly diseqc with this card, and the fact that me and you are experiencing same issue in Mediaportal, could confirm that Mediaportal is not managing correctly diseqc with hvr-4400 (that it is not an isolate issue with my installation).

How can I communicate it to mediaportal developers ?

At hauppauge site, at hvr-4400 support section, I read that there is a new SDK, maybe this could help with diseqc issue:

Hauppauge has a new SDK available for .NET applications.

The SDK simplifies the development of TV applications in .NET. The SDK makes it easy for applications to perform functions like querying the available channels, start watching a channel in an application supplied window, pause/play, adjust volume, display OSD graphics, record live tv to a file, etc.

The SDK is provided under NDA and can be requested at support@hauppauge.com or sdk@hauppauge.co.uk

I have exactly the same problem. I also have a HauppaugeWinTV-HVR-4400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom