Hauppauge MCE remote trouble (1 Viewer)

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Hey Guys,

I am using the hauppauge pvr 150 mce edition tuner with the remote that came in the box.

It was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly it has stoped working after about five minutes idle in Media Portal. THe only way to get it back is to unplug the usb connection to the IR receiver and plug it back in. That returns basic functionality to the remote. If i then exit mp to the desktop and fire it back up, full functionality comes back for a few minutes. But as soon as MP is idle for five minutes it stops working again.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

I am running windows xp pro, the latest hauppauge drivers for the tuner card. The only thing i have done to MP in the last few days is change the skin from projectX to mepo green. But that was a week ago. I also enabled the screen saver function in MP and then shortly after disabled it. OH yeah, and i am running the last STABLE release of MP ( Not the features release).

Thanks,

FOD

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had something similar with my genuine MCE remote. The problem was that I was using an USB hub. Since it's plugged in directly, all is working ok. Maybe change your USB port as well.

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
thanks for the reply, i will try and change the usb port, but as it is now, its plugged in directly, and not on a hub.

just strange that all of a sudden this change.

b00sted4fun

November 6, 2006
have you installed any other software to your system or possabily added any new hardware? cause maybe something in urbackground is killin your remote make sure u give msconfig a check

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
heya,

what would i be looking for in the ms config. i haven't installed anything else software wise or hardware wise. the only thing i have done to MP is tinkered with the my alarm plugin, and i enabled the screensaver in MP for a day and then disabled it. I suspect it has something to do with the screensaver having been enabled as this problem began then. The remote works fine after i unplug it and plug it back in and fire up MP, and as long as it stays in use while in MP. As soon as MP is idle, it quits working.

my box is as specified as below, it is dedicated to MP only, nothing else... all the latest drivers are installed and haven't been changed lately....

is there a way to check a log or something to tell where the error might be happening?

anyone with any other ideas.
FOD

mbrandwood

December 19, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Did you ever manage to solve this? I've got as similar problem where by my PC comes out of standby and MP fails to pick up input from the remote control (Hauppaude 150 MCE controller). It's driving me nuts. I'm beginign to wonder if it's a hardware thing and the NVDIA chipset.

arfster

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
A lot of devices will perform oddly after coming back from sleep, it's a traditional PC fault.

Alternatively, you could be having power saving issues. Go into device manager, select the piece of hardware you're having problems with, properties, power management tab, deselect it from going to sleep to save power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom