Hauppauge Nova-SE2 not supported any more? (1 Viewer)

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

It is not possible any more to scan/tune channels on ASTRA 19,2 with a frequency above 11700 with a Hauppauge Nova-SE2 (=Nova-S-Plus). A SVN where this still worked was 17378 (but not necessarily the latest one).

I kept trying since weeks with different SVNs, but it went more for the worse than for the better. I reported the symtoms in several threads before (see below), however I attach some actual logs in the hope that some dev can read something out.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...008-05-08h-revision-18584-a-37814/#post253230
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-scan-astra-above-11700mhz-26634/#post171541

My assumption is that the activation of the 22kHz tone is not successful.

Now that MP is going towards the final release the full support of this cheap (and popular?) DVB-card should be assured. Otherwise it would be fair to remove it from the supported cards list.

I'm willing to help, if possible.

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx high,

I didn't realize that Hauppauge released so many new driver versions lately - I was trying with the 4.2 version. Will check it out and give feedback in the next days.

regards from Stuttgart

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I coudn't wait for trying it out - but with bad results. I get the same effects that I observed in my previous tests:

I uninstalled the old Hauppauge drivers, rebooted, installed the 4.4 version. Replaced psisdecd.dll and mpeg2data.ax in the system32 dir (in protected mode), because Hauppauge installs old versions of this. I uninstalled all old MP and TVS, installed RC1 + current svn, started with a new database. Ran dvbfix. Somehow I managed to scan successfully a test set of channels in low and high band. So far all looked good.

Then I tested the timeshifting in manual control.
    - TVC Int (in low band) always o.k.
    - 'Das Erste' and other channels in high band work only in random mode:
    - After a reboot the first tune is ok in most of the cases
    - The second (and further) tune in to the same channel does not work in most cases!
    - After stopping and restarting the TVservice usually no tune in possible any more.

I attach the logs of my tests. I want to get this card running here, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom