Hauppauge PVR-350 IR also reacts to Philips RC5 remote (1 Viewer)

StijnS

Portal Member
December 12, 2009
Limburg, Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi everyone,

Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly with MediaPortal.
But I got one problem: MediaPortal also responds to the remote of my Television: a Philips SBC RP 520 remote. (RC5 protocol) Only a few keys are responding in MediaPortal: when I press volume up, the PC thinks I press the left direction key etc...
The TV itself doesn't respond to commands from the Hauppauge remote.

Is it possible to filter these commands from the TV remote out? The RC5 protocol had a 5-bit address that is used to identify the type of remote, so it should be possible for the PC to ignore address 1 (TV). Does MediaPortal has the ability to configure this?

I tried remapping the keys in the MediaPortal settings, but halfway the program crashes. (And Windows thinks it should send an error report) If necessary I'll upload some logs from MediaPortal tomorrow. I'm running MediaPortal 1.1.3.

Thanks in advance,

Stijn

Edit 21/3/2011:
I tested both the Hauppauge and the Philips remote with a microcontroller. The TV remote sends it's commands using address 0, and the Hauppauge remote uses address 31. Currently I have a electronic solution for the problem (AVR microcontroller that responds the RC5 code and filters out what the computer doesn't need), but a software solution would be better... Too bad I'm a hardware developer and no software developer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom