Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4400 ??? (1 Viewer)

Craymel

Portal Member
July 10, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi team,

I'm thinking of buying a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4400, but I dont see much information about this on forum.

It is fully compatible with Mediaportal?

I come from a Kworld pe320, and it has given me many problems, I do not want to go through the same thing.

Thank you very much!

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Craymel

I've had no problems with mine. I have been using it with MediaPortal since July 2010 when I bought it.

I have had 2 HVR-4000s in my HTPC since April 2007. I wanted a digital TV card for my main PC and decided to move an HVR-4000 to this PC and replace it in the HTPC with an HVR-4400. I did this as it has the advantage of being able to use the DVB-T and DVB-S/S2 tuners at the same time (I assume as its PCI-E) which the HVR-4000 cannot (I assume as its PCI). The cards live in the HTPC quite happily together and I periodically update the drivers (not due to any issues, but I like to keep up to date). At the moment (although this may change in a few days with C4 HD launching on Freesat) the FTA channels I use are all DVB-S (even the HD ones) so I cannot comment on DVB-S2.

Mew

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Craymel

Just in case you wanted an "official" confirmation: I'm happy to confirm that card works well with TV Server, DVB-S2 functions included.

:)

medi0305

Portal Member
    January 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    Hello team,

I have problems with my HVR4400 card. They are recognised by Media Portal 1.20 beta. they just said" Generic error, unable to scan ".

Please help!!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi medi0305

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Can you please post your logs. There is a link in my signature telling you how to do that.

Best regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom