hauppauge WinTV NOVA Splus with regular plugged in card remote !!!NO MCE REMOTE!!! (1 Viewer)

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

is there anybody using hauppauge WinTV NOVA Splus with the shipped regular plugged in card remote ???

Did anyone manage to realize this ? :confused:

Its for my mother, non technical at all. Therfore the simplest most reliable solution is the best here. Should also be nice to use. MCE-remotes don't seem to be plug and play as I see in the forum-starting with where to buy and discontinued products and versions...

Thanks guys,
    Best regards,
    Ralph

:D

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: hauppauge WinTV NOVA Splus with regular plugged in card remote !!!NO MCE REMOTE!!

Really noone with a hint for me ???

Is this a non MCE remote ( since it is not shown in the configuration section of MCE remotes in MP) ?

=RemoteHauppauge.png

I guess the Hauppauge remotes which are not labelled MCE must be somethig different.

I guess then the Hauppauge non MCE remotes should work out of the box as said in WIKI-documentation.

MediaPortal supports both the 45- and 34-button versions of the Hauppauge remotes out of the box. However, drivers are required for the Hauppauge remote. Just download and install the latest drivers for your Hauppauge card.

I have tested it plugged in to the PCI card-it doesn't work like that. Drivers are confirmed to be OK in the setup window of MP.

Do I need to get an RC6 receiver (USB) for it to make it work with that non MCE (regular) Hauppauge remote in MP ?

If so, which receiver would be recommended ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Ralph

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: hauppauge WinTV NOVA Splus with regular plugged in card remote !!!NO MCE REMOTE!!

Hey Ralph

Unless anyone else can answer you for certain, I can try to help as I do have a Hauppauge remote hanging around somewhere so I'll try to find it and see if it works. I suspect it needs an IR receiver though. No promises cos I don't actually know where it is, but if I find it I'll definitely test and report back. But if anyone else knows better than I then feel free to interject.

But it's the weekend and I'm playing a gig (and I have lots of wine!) so I'll have a hunt around on Monday......

Cheers dude
    Si

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: hauppauge WinTV NOVA Splus with regular plugged in card remote !!!NO MCE REMOTE!!

hi ralphgross,

I have that card with that remote working. But as I can see in your screenshot mp don't find the drivers.
    I think you have to install you hauppauge wintv software for it, or follow the link wich you see in the config.
    You don't need an extra ir receiver, just plugin your ir cable in your tv card.

I also have a hauppauge mce remote for my second client, and this really works out of the box, windows installes the drivers automatically. You only have to enable it in mediaportal.

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi glenn 1990,

But as I can see in your screenshot mp don't find the drivers.
    The screenshot is taken from the manual. In my section it tells that the drivers are properly installed. I'm not sure if this menu matches my remote, see link below.

The product I have is this:
    Hauppauge Computer Works : WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus

I also have a hauppauge mce remote for my second client, and this really works out of the box, windows installes the drivers automatically. You only have to enable it in mediaportal.
    Do we have the same setup ?
    Please send a link or picture, I need to see which combinations do work !

Hi SimondusMaximus,
    any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks guys.

Ralph

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi and wow,

I can see in the task manager ir.exe is running.

So our setup is the same which means that the remote is a
    non MCE 45 button hauppauge remote
    plugged in to the hauppauge pci card (no USB IR receiver used).

This is the setup which should work out of the box-correct ? Please confirm-that would help me to troubleshoot step by step.

I checked again mp is not responding to the remote.

Still clueless.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Ralph,

Sorry for the delay but I finally got around to testing yesterday. I firstly installed the pci card into my PC, connected the IR reciever and powered up the PC. From the Hauppauge CD I installed the drivers first, then the WinTV software. This in turn installed the IR components and everything worked instantly with the Hauppauge WinTV software.

I then amended MP to use the Hauppauge remote, didn't make any changes other than ticking the Hauppauge remote check box, and that worked right away and every button worked perfectly as expected, except it didn't launch MP but the WinTV software instead. So I tried removing the Hauppauge software and this removed the IR components too. I then installed only the IR components from the CD (ir.exe and irblast.exe), and even with ir.exe running in task manager, this did not work in MP. So I once again installed WinTV software and everything works again, but still cannot launch MP from the Hauppauge remote, only WinTV.

Cheers
    Si

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks SimondusMaximus,

obviously wintv AND ir.exe must be running simultaneously. It seems like that a use of MP with hauppauge XX button remote ONLY is not possible.

The better solution maybe is using the MCE-remote + IR-receiver (USB)???? But hard to get as I see in the forum.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Ralph
    :D

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

obviously wintv AND ir.exe must be running simultaneously. It seems like that a use of MP with hauppauge XX button remote ONLY is not possible.

It was working here without running the wintv sofware, but wintv was installed.

The better solution maybe is using the MCE-remote + IR-receiver (USB)???? But hard to get as I see in the forum.

The origanal microsoft mce remotes are indeed hard to get. But there are clones of it.
    I use an hauppauge mce remote now (remote + ir receiver) like in this link.
    Hauppauge Computer Works Ltd : WinTV-MC Remote Control Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom