Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 MCE (1 Viewer)

toxicrainpx

February 1, 2007
Hello
I was building my Media Center with MediaPortal and I have to say that the system is perfect. I just have a few problems that I want to see if anybody can give me a little help. I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 MCE Working with MediaPortal. This was very easy to configure in my mediacenter system. I have a LCD 32" LG that works very nice with my cable receptor and normal antena connected directly. The only problem that I have is that I cannot see perfect TV like I see when I have my antena directly connected to TV. In mediaportal, the letter appear a little bit fuzzy and i can see a fuzzy effect when I have a program connected and scroolling something bellow. There is a way to fix this or not? Maybee my card is not the correct one to get a perfect image. Please someone help me. Thanks i advance.:D

pgisslen

November 29, 2005
Sweden
Mee too

I have the same TV-card and are experiencing the same thing. I tried most of the codecs, Nvidia, MPV, PowerDVD etc. The picture is much better when not going through MP.

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There is some registry tweaks that may help you guys.

I have a PVR500MCE card, and from the info in this thread: http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/209129.aspx the PQ when watching TV went from very poor to almost perfect :)

My only problem now is that I'm not happy with the color quality, having problems with gradients, and with red colors its very noticeble. Have had this problem prior to the tweaks so they didn't cause this..

Hope this helps.

The tweaks I have done is:

DefAvgBitRate - Change this to 85000000 (20000000 default)

For those with ATI craphics card there are some other tweaks that helps, check out this thread as well: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=676073 May be usefull for Nvidia users also..

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi WebKnight.

I havent tested this yet, but I have read thegreenbutton thread and in the first post it says that you should do a change in the registry, but is that change working for Mediaportal to or is it in another place becasue we are using Mediaportal?

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Actually if you search the registry for DefAvgBitRate it's located under ...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MediaPortal\DVR, so yes this change should affect TV-viewing in MP.

Allthough some users report that they doesnt see any difference, I surely did..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom