Have a few easy questions please help. (1 Viewer)

AVsalsa

Portal Member
January 16, 2010
like it says I have a few basic questions.
I have MP fully installed but when I download a plug-in and double click the .MPE1 file windows doesn't know how to open the file??
I'm sure its something small i missed somewhere.
Also is there a way to add a "Games" tab in the Home part of MP. I would like to be able to launch my Pc games like COD5, WOW and Dragon from MP.
Any ideas??

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Welcome to the forums....

1) You get this because MediaPortal has implimented a new plug-in installer and the plugin you are trying to install still uses the old installer. But you should still be able to install the plugin by running the old Plug-In installer, but you will have to run it manually. Go to your MediaPortal installed directory and look for "MPInstaller.exe" and run it, then select "Install Local Extension" and point it at your downloaded plugin...
    2) Search for a plug-in called "MyPrograms", it should allow you to run your games from there....

AVsalsa

Portal Member
    January 16, 2010
    Thanks! MyPrograms works great except after launching hulu and then exiting later media portal freezes on me every time. Any idea how to fix it from freezing?
    I have BeyondTV that launches perfect in MyPrograms and exits right back to media portal just fine.
    Also can someone help explain how I add my TV shows into the MP TV Series plugin so my TV shows have the same look as my movies do with the Moviepictures plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom