Having a few teething issues (1 Viewer)

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello Phil,

I can assure you that the functions that you mention do work flawlessly in MP2. So something else must be happening on your system.

I have installed Media Portal 2 Spring 2016 edition ( I must say that is a bit of an annoying and confusing description given that it is only just now Spring 2016 here in NZ) but that is another issue.

My problem is that MP2 seems barely functional for me.

Every time I go to select a media source I get a spinning wheel for maybe five minutes or more.

I also just tried to select zoom mode and that little player configuration window is locked up now.

As a long term MP1 user I have tried out MP2 several times over the years, but always give up in frustration and go back to MP1

Should I give up again? Or is it going to be possible to get simple help to get it going well enough to make the shift ?

Regards Reg

fatt_fill

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I gave up and went back last week.

I needed keyword recording having moved from Argus on mp1 and hoped to get tvwishlist working on mp2 but it didn't.

Also with a multiseat setup, not being able to delete from the client was a massive limitation

Mp2 for me was a bit unstable compared to mp1 and the number of mp1 users still massively outweighs mp2. It still feels like it's for early adopters.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom