HD Channels = CPU 100% (1 Viewer)

TrueBlue

Portal Member
March 6, 2008
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have problem watching HD Channels. The CPU load is 100%. and the screen is flickering. I´ve tried differend decoders/codecs Cyberling H.264 7, 8 and CoreAVC.
When i watch a Blu-Ray movie in PowerDVD the CPU load is around 50-60%. and it is very smooth. It seems like the Hardware encoding is not working properly when watching TV ?

I have 1920*1080 resolution on my screen. Could the problem be that the HD Channels have to be upconverted to 1080 and therefor it uses CPU ?

Please help !!!!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HD is NOT .264 It is mpeg-2 pick the cyberlink and a suitable audio decoder. Upconverting is not your problem if BR is working. What's your setup? Are you running AMD? How about C'N'Q ? VISTA? I'm WinXP/Home and use VRM9 exclusive from inside the configuration... Tell us more ...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Consider filling in "My system" in User CP (remember to activate). That way we know what system you are using. Also: Attaching logs is always a good idea ... no matter if you think it is important or not.

<------------------ My system

TrueBlue

Portal Member
    March 6, 2008
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, I´m running Vista Ultimate SP1. SVN 18346. GA-MA78GM-S2H And Sapphire Radeon HD 3470 in Hybrid Crossfire mode. I have the same problem if i´m only using the integrated HD 3200 GPU. AMD Athlon X2 5000+ BE. I have CNQ enabled. If i trie to VMR9 in exlusive mode when i´m running Crossfire MP crashes.

I think it´s weird when i get super picture from Blu-ray :(

i will add my info later, right now í have little time. I will also attatch logs when i get more time to test.

Thanks guys !

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HD is NOT .264 It is mpeg-2
    Not here in Europe. HDTV is here H.264 1080i or 720p in the most cases.

@TrueBlue: H.264 & H.264 not automatically the same. Try to record your HD channel and try to play back the file in PowerDVD. Are the results still so different?

PS: Are you sure that the BlueRay disc you uses has H.264 content? There are also a lot of mpg2 discs out there...

CU
    Lars

TrueBlue

Portal Member
    March 6, 2008
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I recorded the channel for a few minutes and played the recording in PowerDVD and it was no problem at all.
    It seems like there is something wrong with my MediaPortal Client Setup.

I can´t get GraphEdit to work in Vista so i don´t have a clue what filters are running when i´m Running HD Channels in MP. Is there any other way to find out ?

I have no post processing going on. Tested Cyberlink 7 & 8 and CoreAVC but with the same result. II´ve tried both VMR and EVR with no different result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom