h.264 Video Codec: MPCVideoDec
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Coolermaster HT-01
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: IMON
TV: Panasonic 42PZ8500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I'm having a problem with displaying HD channels in both the TV server and the HTPC client.

Regular SD content is running fine. In both systems, I'm using the MPC codec for the HD stuff. This decoder is set in the TV section of the config.

When I schedule a recording in MP of a HD channel, something is indeed recorded. Afterwards, when the recording is finished, I can't see the recording in MP. However, I CAN watch it through the standalone version of MPC home cinema. So, the recording in itself is fine. To me that says the FlopppyDTV is doing it's job correctly.

I am assuming it's a codec problem, but I can't find out what is wrong. I have registered the codec on both systems (the standalone versions that is) and I can select them in the config on both machines.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Henk99,

Are you sure you have your codec running on your client PC?
Is it your default codec for viewing HD content in your mediaportal client configuration?

I have been struggling with getting all the various channels up and running as well, and found that combining ffdshow (with exclusion of HD) and coreavc (for HD only) did the job for me. (But this is configuration depentdant, I've been told)

Hope this helps you on your HD way.

(My setup is DVB-S2 and not DVB-C)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Update, just in case anyone stumbles upon this old message.

My answer to Henk99 was written in the days that I was using an XP SP2 server and a vista client.
After a few mods my current systems are running W7 both. I'm running HD TV channels without any codecs or tools added (not even FFDShow)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom