HD-DVD and blu-ray support? (1 Viewer)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Knows anyone how to start PowerDVD everytime in fullscreen automaticly???

i know i can do this by pressing the "Z" key, but is not very....

is there a command argument like PowerDVD.exe /fullscreen=yes or someting in the registry?

Look at the screenshot without borders :D

thanks
    MoPhat

Attachments

• PowerDVD_Frame.jpg
      PowerDVD_Frame.jpg
      150.8 KB

dastrong

November 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All

I have a workaround that some of you might like. It will mean that you cannot access the menus. But hey do we really care about silly java menus on a disk.

Here goes:

Locate Any DVD HD. Latest if you can. Install this program. It will remove any AACS from the Bluray disks you are using.

Install either Power DVD 7.3 ultra with the either build 2911 or above (if you have a ati uvd card or an nvidia 8xx0 series card) or the latest K-LITE Codec pack.

Install Hali Media splitter (Ar) version.

Use DSMgr to make the Direct Sub DS Filters to not be used. Make sure that the Power DVD H.264 and Audio filters are set to preferred.

Go into the Mediaportal config and make sure m2ts (this workaround is for bluray by the way) is a known file type. Make sure that the Audio decoder is Power DVD. Make sure that the H.264 video decoder is Power DVD. In the DS Filters settings make sure that EVR is enabled if you are using Vista, the audio is set to six speakers and that PDVD is set to HA HD content.

Now from media portal movies load a bluray disk. Navigate to the streams folder. Select the largest m2ts file. This will be movie. Launch. Ignore the error about a decoder. Now you can watch the full Bluray movie with out having to ever leave media portal.
    Great info! Any idea on a similar trick for HD-DVDs?

Thanks

I would think if you did the same for .evo files you would get the same response.

Dexx

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Mophat's workaround is great. But perhaps MP could officially support something like this? It already allows us to specify an external player in the 'video' section of MP config. Perhaps there could be a new section in the config for HD-DVD and BD disks? MP would be aware of how hd-dvd/bd is structured, but would need you to specify an external player to launch.

ob1

Portal Member
    November 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Any news regarding a TotalMedia plug-in for MP?

you can use MoPhat's as a basis. You will need to download the AutoHotKey (.ahk) file from his thread and edit it to suit TMT instead of PDVD. Sections that will need updating includ:
    - the path to launch TMT
    - the name of the TMT window
    - the keymapping from MP keys to TMT keys

Then recompile the .ahk with AutoHotKey and install it just as you would for MoPhat's plugin.

davor

July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I like "tjf" idea of either using AnyDVD to get rid of AACS or ripping the disc to HDD. I think it would be nice if MediaPortal could support playing BD without AACS either right from BD-rom or from hard drive (playing BD without AACS is leagal isn't it?). Does anyone know if such support is planned for MediaPortal 2?

P.S. The funny thing is that those who buy illegal copies of BD won't be (most probably) bothered by AACS. What an irony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom