hd-dvd bluray external player support (1 Viewer)

xalaros

Portal Member
September 14, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
hi, i am new to mediaportal and i find it very nice, specially the mytvshows plugin. I was wondering if support for bluray and hd-dvd could be added. I am using MPC for video playback as an external player and i would like if it is possible to have the option of using POWERDVD or WinDVD as an external player only for bluray and hddvd i thing that it would be a nice feature to add

drs

June 14, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm going to second this idea.
Firstly, as I'm new, I'm going to say I'm finding media portal great so far, and surprised quite how well it works with just an mce remote.

Anyway, I've got mediaportal setup to use powerdvd (7.?) as an external player (for HD stuff), and configured so it opens in full screen mode. This works perfectly, and using girder, I've mapped one of the remote buttons to close powerdvd, so you can return to mediaportal when finished (and as powerdvd works with the mce remote too, all is good).

Fortunately, setting the "External player" option doesn't launch powerdvd when playing full dvd rips from the hard disk, but it does (as expected) use power dvd for everything else.

My improvement suggestion is, therefore, either
1) To be able to limit the "External player" option to either certain file type (eg .evo & .dat), or to specific directories.
2) Have a second "My Movies" option, where one use the internal player, and one uses an external player.

-----------------------------------------
Edit: Only just spotted the template at the top of the forum.

Started on: 2007-11-04
last update: 2007-11-04

Summary:
Expanding "My Videos" to be more flexible with regard to external players.

Area:
My Videos

Description:
To be able to use the set external player for certain files only. This would make it far easier to use media portal to playback HD content, whilst still retaining the integrated player for everything else; instead of having to choose between the ability to playback HD content OR having a well integrated player for SD content.

I suspect this is a reasonably straight forward change to be made by someone who knows what they're doing, and it would make a huge difference for those wanting to playback HD DVD content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom