robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have recently started using X-Factor and it rocks (especially the 1.1 beta bits).

I currently use HD Starter, but with X-Factor I can not find it as an XML within the X-Factor list. If I look at the other "home screen" it seems to work, but is listed as something like "unknown" (I can't remember exactly as I am at work right now).

Is HD Starter supported with X-Factor?

Thanks

Rob

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IIrc HD Starter is based on the "Multishortcut" plugin, isn't it? You should be able to configure it using this menu entry. You will have to set the plugin ID yourself, you get that from HD-Starter's config screen.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Thanks for your replies and sorry for not replying myself - been busy lately and not been able to try things out on my MP.

I have just realised that Moving Pictures allows a similar function which seems to work perfectly, so I am using that for now.

Thanks for your help.

Robbo100

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    Thanks for your replies and sorry for not replying myself - been busy lately and not been able to try things out on my MP.

I have just realised that Moving Pictures allows a similar function which seems to work perfectly, so I am using that for now.

Thanks for your help.

Robbo100

Hi Robbo100, was this easy to do? Where would I find the info about how to do it?

jidelite

Portal Member
    November 13, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: HD Starter with X-Factor

I know this is an old post and I hope this is in the right forum...Using Win7 (32bit), MediaPortal 1.1.3 with X-Factor skin (R683) & Moving Pictures plugin (1.0.4) setup to use PowerDVD as an external player. Just tried the install of HD Starter (multishort plugin) with these instructions but so far have not had any success. Is it possible to use both plugins at the same time and yet have X-Factor (using Moving Picture List View) stop using Moving Pictures external player setup and now use HD Starter to call PowerDVD?

Thanks,
    jidelite

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I have only just realised that leftfield asked me a question a year ago on this thread and I failed to reply.

It is possible to use the multishortcut PDVD (using the PDVD solution or the latest version of multishortcut (available in the plugin section) both are pretty much the same plugin from what I can tell).

To configure blueray playing within Moving Pictures, you need to go to the advance settings (furthest tab on the right of the plugin setting then advance settings is at the bottom right (I think - from memory). Within the advance settings you can find the settings to play bluerays using an external player, which you can then set the appropriate settings to "True" and put the path to PDVD in the external player preference place.

If you can't get the PDVD multishortcut plugin working, use the same technique using this plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/multishortcut-521/multishortcut-plugin-75305/ (version 2.3). Make sure you delete the PDVD multishortcut plugin first and follow the installation guide in the zip file download.

Robbo100

jidelite

Portal Member
    November 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Robbo100, Thanks for responding - I've actually had PowerDVD 10 as an external player for Blu-ray within Moving Pictures for awhile now and it has been very stable. Setting it up was actually pretty easy once I found this Moving Pictures wiki. Everything was running smooth for me until I installed Win7 SP1 which caused me to upgrade to MediaPortal 1.1.3. I was browsing around and found HD Starter plugin that I thought I would try. I used MultiShortcutSetup + MultiShortcutInstaller v2.3 to do the install - I see HD Starter under 'Window Plugins' when I run the MediaPortal Configuration/Plugins and I configured the multishortcut configuration but I can't seem to follow how to get the HD Starter plugin to work under X-Factor. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jidelite

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    OH, I am with you now! :D

In each of the multishortcut plugins, when viewed from MP config plugins will be a plugin number at the top of the multishortcut config page.

In X-Factor config you will have the list of xml files down the left hand side. At the bottom of the list is "multishortcut". Select that from the list and it will bring some details into the centre top section of the config screen. In the top box, type the plugin number which noted from the multishortcut plugin conf. Then rename the "multishortcut.xml" text to something appropriate like "Play Blueray" and the configure the rest of the options as you would do normally in x-factor and add it to the appropriate menu number (3 is movies I think). Now generate the new home screen, exit, click OK on the popup and click OK in MP config. It should now show in the xfactor home screen and work a treat.

Robert's your father's brother (bob's your uncle) - I am not sure that translates into American - In other words, that should do it!

jidelite

Portal Member
    November 13, 2009
    Home Country
    OH, I am with you now!... :D

robbo100 - I'm with you now too :)!! I got it to work but after this exercise was all said and done I went back to the 'old' external Blu-ray setup within moving pictures with the X-FACTOR skin. This just seems easier to go thru my list view of ISO files, hit enter and PowerDVD starts up and plays the movie. Sure, the external set up is not seamless (MediaPortal minimizes and I see my desktop while PDVD is launching my Blu-ray) but I can live with that.

:D again for your help,
    jidelite

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom