HD stations no audio (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Just wondering if there is a fix for the no audio on HD stations for aussies with dvb-t? Or is it working for other people?

bear

Portal Member
November 1, 2005
Are you using the TV Server with a local MP Client or streaming to VLC? I have HD with AC3 on mp client if I use the Cyberlink PowerDVD7 decoder rather than the MPV decoder.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I'm having problems with HD Audio from TV server with Australian DVB-T as well. Could it be something to do with AC3???

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i was thinking it was AC3 as well since i can think thats probably the main difference in the stations. The odd thing was one time i did get audio on the station but then i lost audio on the SD stations. So perhaps it is a codec thing and i should play around more with it.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I found that if the first channel I go to is HD then audio for all HD channels will work but for all SD channels audio will not work - and visa versa - i.e. if the first channel I watch is SD then all SDs work but audio on all HDs doesn't work. If I turn TV off and on it seems to reset... weird!

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    hmmm i haven't managed to get my working this way , the strange thing is if i set the channel to say WIN HD then use VLC to receive the stream i get audio in VLC. but if i were to close that down and load MP client on the my htpc i dont' get the audio still, does anyone thing i need to install ac3 filter or some other codec?

bear

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    Regarding the different networks & programs in AU, some SD programs are supplied with mpeg and ac3 audio channels, some just supply a single mpeg audio channel. For HD they just supply an ac3 audio channel. Since the TVserver re-stripes the transport streams using the existing sub streams you can get a mix between mpeg, mpeg/ac3 and ac3 only streamed. If the TVserver switches between SD only channels then you will get a consistant mpeg audio stream and hence the client plugin should not have problems playing the audio. When the TVserver switches between an SD and a HD channel then the same stream pid value is used by the TVserver so the player still expects to see the same audio stream type, hence you get no audio. Hope this helps to explain what your getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG Collector gets its epg from and found it gets it from 'freesathome' so cribbed the settings from that and added the freesathome channel to the radio channels and selected that channel only to collect epg...
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG...
    Hi folks Ive just started using epg collector to import uk freesat epg into mediaportal i have had good success with it so far and...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy...
    I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of...
    I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 DVB-T playback DE
    Those signal numbers look fine. (y) Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as to the possible cause of your problem. :( -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Those signal numbers look fine. (y) Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as to the possible cause of your problem. :(...
    I've just rebuilt my htpc and added DVB-S and DVB-T cards TBS6281 and TBS6982. The system is all working well except for playback...
    Replies
    Views
    Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer to use the TV and it's working.
    Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer...
    New computer build with Windows 11 Pro. MediaPortal 1.34 x64. When I pause a video the audio drops out. This only occurs when...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom