HD TV Stuttering Video but fine audio (SAF 5.00) (1 Viewer)

superted125

Portal Member
September 16, 2009
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Final
MediaPortal Skin: Streamped MP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU Type: AMD x2 250 3.0Ghz
HDD: WD 300gb
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: GA-MA785GM-US2H
Video Card: Integrated ATI HD 4200
Video Card Driver: 8.732
Sound Card: Integrated Optical Out
Sound Card AC3: N/A
Sound Card Driver: N/A
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR2200
1. TV Card Type: DVT-T Dual Hybrid
1. TV Card Driver: 7.6.27.27323
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: (for TV) SAF 5.0 Unlocked - PowerDVD 10
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDShow
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 10 (SAF 5.00)
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ANTEC NSK2480b
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 650W
Remote: Logitech Harmony 785
TV: Samsung 55" LCD LED
TV - HTPC Connection: HTPC --> HDMI --> AMP --> HDMI --> TV

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me sort out what seems to be a codec issue when trying to view HighDef channels through MP. The video lags everyone couple of seconds but the audio is not affected.

I am using SAF 5.00 and have tried the Windows 7 codec, PowerDVD 10 codec, and ffdshow xdva and none have helped so far.

As per the attached logs, i have tried in debug and still had the issue.

Playing any HD movies (varying codecs), there is no problem. Only TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and i tried to view the TV stream in graphedit, but i didnt know the URL and so couldnt get it to load.

And filmmerit says there are no errors.

Cheers
Simon

superted125

Portal Member
September 16, 2009
Home Country
Hi Larzon,

this is the capture from watching a hd channel...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    135.9 KB

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yup - tons of dropped frames there. This points to a "weak link" in the chain. I suspect your ATI 4200 GPU is trying to perform deinterlacing but cannot keep up.
    See useful GPU performance info here (thank user moviebug for link):
    Missing Remote

Things to try:

1. Turn off De-noise in your GPU driver (and anything else that requires extra GPU computation). (If this fixes the problem, then you're done -- stop here.)

2. Switch MediaPortal back to native MPC codecs for playing TV. The MPC video codec uses a fairly fast deinterlacing method, and the work is done by the CPU.
    If MPC codecs are not available in dropdown menus, close MePo Config and then re-register the codecs: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...w-dxva-decoder-77591/index129.html#post648276

3. If #2 works, you could stop there. Or if you still want to try FFDSHOW, it can also be setup to perform deinterlacing in CPU.
    . a. In FFDSHOW Video, select the Preset that is used for TV. (Or you can make your own -- just check the Autoload conditions of all presets to make sure yours is used for TV.)
    . b. For initial testing, uncheck all the filter options (in the left pane).
    . c. Enable Deinterlacing and select a fast mode such as Linear Blending.
    . d. In Output, uncheck Set interlace flag in output media type.
    . e. Save the configuration and test it. (And remember to select the FFDSHOW codecs in MePo.)

If you can get FFDSHOW to work with this basic setup, then you can start adding other options to the filter.
    Tip: If you try other deinterlacers, be sure to uncheck Double framerate. (That only works in high performance systems.)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello there,

Your screen-shot suggests that your Refresh Rate is set to 60Hz.

Are you sure that the channels you are trying to watch transmit on 30i? Cause if they are not and instead they are using 25i then you should switch your refresh rate to 50Hz.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeh dude ..i had the same problem - here in melbourne, australia..i incorrectly set the refresh rate to 60Hz instead of 50Hz.....as our tv is 25i...so 50Hz is the best option and u wont have stuttering picture

some channels are fine at 60hz strangely..but u should have it set to 50Hz always for TV

also have a look at the "automatic refresh rate changer" in the Mp config...if u ever play any NTSC dvd's or something then it will automatically adjust to 60Hz for that...then back to 50Hz for aussie TV

B

backenkirmes

Hi I made the mistake and messed sth up in the renderer config. After that my TV didn't work anymore. Switching back to MPC helped a lot. thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom