HD video playback (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Just a quick question i have a hd video and it plays in PowerDVD 6 , but not in WMP 10 or in MP, the question is how come when i have selected the powerdvd codecs in MP it doesn't play the video ?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    You will probably find that there is another video codec with a higher "Merit" that is being used, or attempting to be used - "ffdshow" is often a culprit.

You can check by using GraphEdit to "Render a Media File" (the HD video that you are trying to view) and it will show you what codec is being used by default. Then use Radlight Filter Manager to reduce the merit below the filter you wish to use. More information on the steps involved is available here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see joecrow's results. The video 1080x1920.mp4 is played correctly, the video 1920x1080-mux.mp4 is not. It is rotated but the resolution is not correct. I've attached 6 screenshots, 3 with EVR and 3 with MadVR...
    Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see...
    Hello, I noticed that videos 1080 * 1920 px are often played incorrectly in Mediaportal-Videos. I have attached 3 videos, which are...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different pieces of software that claimed to do like you said: keeping the DA-convertors "alive" by sending a non-audible signal periodically. Turned out this was NOT the thing happening in my AV-receiver. While...
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I play any video from that source with MP it takes what seems forever to start streaming. If I use something like VLC to play from the same source playback starts in a matter of seconds. What is it that...
    Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I...
    Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    A few months ago my broadband package was compulsorily updated to a no-limit and much-more-expensive package, so I could now consider streaming video from the internet. (My previous broadband package had a 16GB per month limit, which made regular streaming from the internet a non-starter.) However... There seem to be a constant...
    A few months ago my broadband package was compulsorily updated to a no-limit and much-more-expensive package, so I could now...
    I have the most recent version of MP2, running on a PC with up-to-date Windows 10. Until recently I have been able to receive and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom