HD Videos (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've finally gotten around to ordering a XBOX HD-DVD player so I can rip my HD-DVD movies to my HTPC.

I'm currently using the K-Lite Codec Pack (5.81, I think) and Movie Player Classic through Haali to watch non-HD content. Is that going to be enough, or do I need to install another player (and more codecs).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you rip the disk's to the right format, then the MS codecs with haali are usually good enough, depends whether you are going to keep full DVD or main movie only, with no compression done.

HandBrake if you want to compress these movies, a good image is created with a 5gb size set under the video tab for 1920x1080 output, 2gb for 1280x720.

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you rip the disk's to the right format, then the MS codecs with haali are usually good enough, depends whether you are going to keep full DVD or main movie only, with no compression done.

HandBrake if you want to compress these movies, a good image is created with a 5gb size set under the video tab for 1920x1080 output, 2gb for 1280x720.

I'm not really concerned about space, especially if I have to sacrifice quality. I'll be using AnyDVD to rip the discs. Will I be able to rip to ISO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom