HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO - can MP record more than 4 channels (1 Viewer)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    I'm currently using a TBS6985 DVB-S2 quad tuner, but we have reception issues - seems to be caused internally in the server - I moved the card to another slot recently and it got a lot worse, moving it up another slot improved things but we still have occasional reception problems - the satellite tuner in our TV gives a perfect picture.

So I was looking for a DVB-T2 card, and then stumbled upon the SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO, which is an external box, so can be installed anywhere, which seems a good idea, and will save a slot in the server - I'm looking to upgrade the motherboard in my server as it's ten years old, and newer motherboards that fit my requirements for other things seem to lack PCIe slots, meaning my current three cards will use them all up.

So my question is, can Mediaportal record more than 4 channels with the HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO ?

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    To answer my own question, yes it will if they are on four or less multiplex's.

Just tried recording BBC 1 SD, BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD, ITV HD and CH 4 HD and it used just one tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

What is the status of the fix? I seem to be hitting this exact problem at channel 24 (in Seattle it is KUNS-DT).
    What is the status of the fix? I seem to be hitting this exact problem at channel 24 (in Seattle it is KUNS-DT).
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description I am setting up a new Windows 10 Pro system to replace my old Windows 7 WMC server to be...
    Replies
    Views
    No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards? (You'll need to stop MP TV Server running when you do this - use the 'Manual Control' tab in TV server config to stop/start it - as it won't share tuners with other software).
    No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards...
    Hi Guys, I'm currently getting my system back up and running again after a long absence. No point in having spent ££££'s on kit...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom